Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this for some time but other projects etc have got in the way & this left in the corner of the garage. I discovered the rear wheel was too far over to the left. 1 option was to fit vfr internals to the swing arm & go 4 stud but I'm not really a fan of 4 stud wheels. I kept doing my research & I took a gamble on a ducati wheel. as there was only 2 of us bidding I got it for half the buy it now price that is usually wanted. The gamble paid off as the wheel needed spacing over the other way by 5mm, result! Due to being buried in corner of the garage I couldn't really work on it properly. My neighbour said he's getting rid of a shed, so I had a look at it & decided it'd be worth spending some money on to replace the rotten parts. I built a lift too, now it's in its new home hopefully I can get stuck into it

Attachments

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Putting the side engine mounting bolts in 1st had the engine sitting on the wonk. When I lifted the engine at the rear it hit the lower frame cross member not allowing me to get it up to the rear mounts. I removed the side mount bolts & wrestled with the engine putting the rear in 1st then lifting the front to put the side bolts in but only the left side would line up. I'm not sure if the engine side bolts are not dead opposite each other or the frame mounts aren't. So I'll need to cut the righthand side mounting lug off & reposition it. The sprocket was behind the frame when I 1st put the engine in now its lined up, just gotta get a bolt 250mm long & make a couple of spacers.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Font Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wood Bumper
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Plant Wood Tree
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Made up some spacers & I'm going to remove the horizontal tube at the front & put one in a bit lower just above the headers where I've placed a piece of flatbar. I can take lugs from that to hold the front side mounts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Door Gas
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle tire Tread Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts