Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha, I know i'm an idiot, but I'm havin fun learnin some fairly safe stunts goofin off :D I reraly only wrecked once so far tryin, I hit a sign in a lot and ripped my brake line and windscreen off !!

Well I've been practicing jumping my fighter:wtf: and learning drifting. I can get my rear about a good foot off the ground, any more than that and it lands hard. I am practicing jumping in parking lots , rairoad tracks and any ramps going into lots. I'm working on video of it to learn.

Anyone else that can do this?? What i need to know is how to bunny hop the thing. I pull up quick and then slip the clutch and goose it,and then pull it back in quick ! but i don't think the rear leaves the ground ???? I realy want to be able to do both of these well. Any vids or links would maybee help me out ????

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I have never heard of any one bunny hopping a sportbike...a trials bike, maaayyyyybe, but not a regular sport bike...its gotta be too heavy.

I would love to see video if anyone says it can be done. :D

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it can be done, I've only seen one person do it, and I'm Reeeeeeeealy close, I cant tell what i'm doin wrong ???

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
The way we used to do it on bmx bikes was get the front wheel up to the height we wanted, and then push really hard forward( not down) on the bars, while hopping up...the rear would come up to match the height of the front, while at some speed. BUT, that was a 20 lb bike..not a heavy ass motorcycle.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The way we used to do it on bmx bikes was get the front wheel up to the height we wanted, and then push really hard forward( not down) on the bars, while hopping up...the rear would come up to match the height of the front, while at some speed. BUT, that was a 20 lb bike..not a heavy ass motorcycle.
Yea , i race bmx for years.

To get you a better mental image, You pull the front up and then goose the throttle hard and let off. The rear tire gripps and the rear jumps up. I think it was Teach i saw do it at a show goofin off ?? I can't remember ??? I just think I'm doin somethin wrong or i need lower tire preasure ??

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd have to see it for myself to believe it. :D :party-smiley:

That's what I'm tryin to do, learn it , film it !! !!:rock:
I'm not a BS'r. I'm a do what i say, say what i do kinda guy !! :D

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
lol I started doin that after I got the new rear end on the bike..

I started on the curbs though where the transition is from driveway to driveway (launch & catch) and jumpin off HUGE curbs.. I jump into a parking lot near my work everytime I ride threw it.. Il take pix of that today, you would shit urself :LolLolLolLol:

I pretty much treat it like a motard

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I have video that I shot of a good friend bunny hopping a 900RR, fully faired.

Its alot more common now...at the last few stunt shows i have ben to Ive seen 3-4 people bunny hopping bikes.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have video that I shot of a good friend bunny hopping a 900RR, fully faired.

Its alot more common now...at the last few stunt shows i have ben to Ive seen 3-4 people bunny hopping bikes.
If there is a clip of it ? that would be great !!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
One of the guys from starboyz did it at the carlisle show but i missed it because i was getting a drink

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeaaaaaaaa, I think I'm next !!! :D

thanks haelo, wish i could see his clutch hand a little better !

1 - 20 of 51 Posts