Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm getting my recently purchased 1995 kawasaki ninja ex500 up and running after it sat up for 2 years. I've got a list of things to do/replace in order to get it running before the streetfighter project can begin: empty gas tank, change oil/filter, change fuel filter, clean out the carbs, get new spark plugs, get a new battery, clean or replace air filter. Anything I'm missing??

Secondly, How would I go about making my seat go from this (previous owner cut off the ass end)

To this:

Also what could I do to cover wiring under the seat/tank and between the tank and forks?

Please keep in mind that I'm completely new to bike customization.

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
yer gonna need a new subby and mebee a custom seat made up. Hiding wires is a tedios and painstakin job shorten and re join them wires then try to hide under tha tank or in other unseen places;)

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
whats a subby?
Subframe, lol. The part that holds the seat up.

And we can't really tell you how to go about rerouting your wires... You're there, so you're the best judge of all that haha.
Just don't cut anything important... And if you do, either label it all or cut one thing at a time.

As far as the seat, if you're feeling brave then remove the staples, chop it, get it smoothish, and restaple. But like Rob said... Won't look right without a new (smaller) subframe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Subframe, lol. The part that holds the seat up.

And we can't really tell you how to go about rerouting your wires... You're there, so you're the best judge of all that haha.
Just don't cut anything important... And if you do, either label it all or cut one thing at a time.

As far as the seat, if you're feeling brave then remove the staples, chop it, get it smoothish, and restaple. But like Rob said... Won't look right without a new (smaller) subframe.
Where can I get a new subframe? There's no place around here that sells parts like that and none of the junkyards have any bikes to scrap off of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts