Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, in the sunny District of Columbia, it is 92 degrees out, with 60% humidity.

I just pushed a 450 lb. motorcycle from where it broke down, over a mile and a half on hilly terrain (mostly uphill) to my house. The cause: an as yet unknown short repeatedly blowing the ignition fuse. Many thanks to the random dude who helped me up one of the steepest bits (him: "This won't be the first time I've pushed a Triumph...").

Let my mistake be your warning...

Tidy up those loose ends, people.

(That is all.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
and if people are wanting to be cheap, hot glue melted over connector ends provides a water tight connection in a pinch.

Reactions: RageWORTH

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
REP! wise words onna very often overlooked part of bike remoding!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
that happened to me on a ride with the girlfriend a few months back. was a simple side of the road fix of insulating the offending wire and popping a new fuse in

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. Hoped for a side of the road fix, but guessed wrong. Twice. After that, I was out of spare fuses.

Turns out, it was a connector on the front brake switch grounding on a brake banjo fitting. Everything has to be run really close together on the right side to get it all to fit without putting the banjo bolt in the tank at full lock, and apparently, with plenty of heat from the sun and a little vibration, the connector shifted and heat shrink on the slid just enough...

Must have a bad fuse on that circuit for it to take out the (larger) ignition fuse instead, but it did. Fixed the problem, replaced both fuses, and it runs fine.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
thats good to hear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts