Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2001 FZ1, saw this bike on the internet and I have no idea where to shop for custom headlights.. custom gauges, anything to be exact..

I would really like to know where to get the undertail exhaust kit and that head light..

here is my bike..

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Nice bike! :thumbup:

The undertail exhaust and the headlight are almost certainly one-off pieces, and you won't be able to just go out and buy them.It's more fun building it yourself anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a fabricator at all lol... im surprised theres no undertail kit at all out there though..?

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I am not a fabricator at all lol... im surprised theres no undertail kit at all out there though..?
Looking at what had to happen for that exhaust to exist I'm not surprised. Everything under the passenger seat is gone, the tail is shortened, and all of the bends in the slip on are custom. Most of us here aren't fabricators by trade either, so we learn the skills required as we need them. Buy a shop manual for your bike and get to getting.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Welcome.

That headlight isn't custom, there are plenty of them out there. Most come from Europe so it may be a little difficult to find and expensive to ship.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont need a manual for my bike? I tore down my r6 plenty of times for race plastics, starter replacements, etc etc.. but you can tare down a bike without knowing how to bend metal and make custom exhaust haha. I need some suggestions on places to get headlights/mask whatever you call them, here or overseas.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
i dont need a manual for my bike? I tore down my r6 plenty of times for race plastics, starter replacements, etc etc.. but you can tare down a bike without knowing how to bend metal and make custom exhaust haha. I need some suggestions on places to get headlights/mask whatever you call them, here or overseas.
Well alright then. If you can zero out a scale then you clearly need no help from any of us here. Here's some lights. Link

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know bikes can be named differently in different parts of the world. In the UK that is a Fazer FZS1000. The FZ1 is the model that came after it with fuel injection. So you may have more luck searching for an FZS1000 when looking for parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gotcha, all i know is all the forums call its Gen 1 FZ1 and Gen 2 FZ1.. as for its real name I know ive seen the word fazer pop up but I just call it an FZ1, but i will use that when searching as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just be sure when u go to the parts counter to pronounce the name right otherwise they will never figure out what your talking about
It is an
F ZED 1
:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts