Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well every one i have be poking around for awhile looking for a bike. i had two choices ether get a loan and buy a bike now where people are selling cheaper because they dont want to store them and pay the loan off come tax season or what for tax season were the prices will be up... because its tax season. i went loan lol so while i have decided i want to get a 03+ sv650n.. but after figuring out every on in new England wants over $4000 for one i got kinda discouraged. looking threw a local listing book i stumbled on a 03 cbr600rr (my favorite cbr body type) that the guy was asking $3000 and he lived 30 mins from my house so i offered him $2500 and now we wait.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Thats awesome man, same year as my cbr and i love that thing. It rides amazing. I hope you get it

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
NEVER offer money on the phone. go see it in person. pick at every tiny thing thats wrong with it, even if its something u dont care about. then make an offer atleast 400$ less than what youre actually willing to pay for it. be ready to buy on the spot with cash and truck to take the bike home. youll be surprises what sellers will take.

either way, good luck.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'd say $2500 is a reasonable price if the bike is in decent shape and hasn't been totally whipped- as is quite common on 600 class supersports, especially older ones. Be leery of smoking on startup/acceleration, valve clatter, a "raspy" sounding exhaust, chain caked with an inch of crud, low or dirty oil, the usual telltales of someone who was more concerned with wheelies than maintenance. Noisy/smoky/raspy engines don't have much life left and are likely well down on power from stock, even if they seem to run OK.

But yeah, mentioning prices on the phone is kind of poor form, makes sellers think you're more of a tire kicker and less likely to negotiate for real. Only make offers in person, after you've seen it and been able to "pick it apart".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts