Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
slit shinger
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, kick ass site you got here. My name is Dave and I'm completely new to this 2 wheeled thing. I have a 97 Bandit 600 I picked up from an old friend on a whim, now it has become an obsession. The bike looks to have been already converted from faired to naked and has a V&H slip-on. I also think it has a jet kit in it, because it pulls pretty good and doesn't seem to be running lean. Anyone know an easy way to check this?

Some pics:

So far I've put some bar end mirrors on it and have a renthal bar and Danmoto rearsets on order. There's a bunch of other little stuff I'd like to do this riding season, but nothing that will cause significant downtime. This winter though I'd like to convert to USDs and possibly do a tail swap.

·
slit shinger
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Little update, fitted my renthal bar and some new soft grips. Still waiting on my rearsets. Also started pricing out some USDs either from a busa/TL or GSXR, a B12 stem, and a GSXR tail. Looks like they could make it in the budget this year.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Damm seein that wee beaut jus cheered me up after a shite day ! Nice as fook Bandito matey ,good onya and Welcom innnn!

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF! Great intro & DAMN fine bike! :D

·
slit shinger
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Unfortunately, when I got home from my ride this morning I noticed some slack in the chain. It's pretty bad, about 6" of play, it's actually rubbing on the center stand. Sigh, and it was such a beautiful day for a ride today...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts