Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i finally got some time to start working on my bike. Its a 2001 GSXR 600. Unfortunately i got out to the shop, took the tail off, and now im just staring at the thing. My main problem with the bike is the tail. Its fat and ugly in my opinion. With that being said i definitely want to do something with the tail. I dont like riding with passengers (not as fun :shocker:) so ill probably rid it of the passenger seat regardless. I could either just make my custom tail and leave the perfectly good fairings or i could go completely naked. I guess im just hesitant to strip it all down for fear of not liking it. Alot of the streetfighters i really like and some not so much.:confused: So I would really love some opinions of what to do with this thing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
If you go with a smaller tail and leave the front fairings alone, then IMO, it's gonna look really front heavy. You can always unbolt the front fairings and stay and see if you like it better without hacking away at the frame.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the belly pans alot. Especially the ones that have like a front scoop type deal if you know what im talking about. Just trying to figure out what makes the awesome looking streetfighters different from the off looking ones. Ill probably strip all of it off here pretty soon. I imagine i could fab a belly pan pretty easily.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
go as naked as you can. this is what i did with my srad. though the onlything left srad is the frame and top of the fuel tank. 08 1000 motor and suspension. and a few other things

·
Registered
321 Posts
Late model R6 or R1 tail would look sweet, so would a ktm rc8 tail. It really depends what headlight you use, that's what ties in the styling of the really great fighters IMO.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
There are a lot of tails out there to choose from. Go on google type in zx6, r6, gsxr600 and pick out one you like. When you get it remove the old subframe and build a new one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I decided to fiberglass my own tail. Using a "wave" headlight. Might fiberglass a mask for it as well as a belly pan. Anyone know how well the 3M brand fiberglass resin from lowes works?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts