Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K2 600 - C30 (SCV) Questions - SOLVED!!!!

SEE PAGE 2 FOR SOLUTION AND ORGANIZED INFORMATION

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I posted but I came across a banging deal and grabbed it. Clean paperwork K2 600 for ~$1k. Great running condition. Some tasteless mods, but we can fix that pretty quick. Ghost flames, underglow and ostrich seats yo.

However one thing bugging me is the C30 FI code. Previous owner(s) pulled the secondary butterflys. I took apart the airbox to confirm. The butterflys themselves are gone but all the electronics and such remain. I traced the wires but they disappear into the main harness so I am not sure if its missing the actual module (if there is a separate module) or if its all part of the PCM.

C30 - SECONDARY THROTTLE CONTROL UNIT

Basically I want the light gone. What are my options? Is there an electronics workaround? I did some cursory googling but found nothing. Could I just get some butterflys, bolt them in, and go? Will that solve the code? I dont care for the "extra" power I just want to be able to use my FI light in case there is a real problem.

Thoughts? Opinions? Jeers? Insults?

Compulsory pics of bike

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
post some pictures of the throttle bodies so we can see what parts are still there

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
post some pictures of the throttle bodies so we can see what parts are still there
I will do so this afternoon. I did some circuit design last night, so I may be able to beat this thing. Also ordered some parts.

Could someone please post a pic of a "tail fairing less" K series? Or specifically the location of the STCU plug? I think the previous owner may have deleted it, butI need those wires. Going to pull the tail fairing this afternoon.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
under the tail fairing, on the left next to the rectifier. it's in the manual.
I know where its supposed to be but its not there.

Pictures from sensors back. Halp?!

Sensor and actuator:

Wires and plugs

Into the main bundle

and it dissappears in the main bundle. There is nothing here. No sign that the harness was touched either.

This thing was sealed in the back. No idea what its for but it has always been empty on all my bikes.

Nothing back here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black plug (7wires) is for the STC unit
:CMIIW:​
You say that but I could not ping any of the leads on that black plug to any of the sensors and stuff. Also according to wiring diagram STCU should have 8 wires.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You say that but I could not ping any of the leads on that black plug to any of the sensors and stuff. Also according to wiring diagram STCU should have 8 wires.
^sorry, my fault
you're right it have 8wires, the plug is looks alike
Ya. If only I can find it. I guess when I get back in town I will start just fallowing the wires. If I find where they are cut (if they are cut) I can hard solder it in.

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
^luckly you haven't done that, i search few other forum, and it turn out that suzuki never put the STCU (part no. 32910-39F00) on 600 k2/k3 model, they only put it on 600 K1 model.
http://www.motosport.com/ID/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2002/GSXR600/ELECTRICAL

k1 and k2/k3 have a different wiring harness, you might try check the number on your wiring harness first
http://www.motosport.com/ID/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2001/GSXR600/WIRING-HARNESS-(MODEL-K1)
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2002/GSXR600/WIRING-HARNESS-(MODEL-K2~K3)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^luckly you haven't done that, i search few other forum, and it turn out that suzuki never put the STCU (part no. 32910-39F00) on 600 k2/k3 model, they only put it on 600 K1 model.
http://www.motosport.com/ID/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2002/GSXR600/ELECTRICAL

k1 and k2/k3 have a different wiring harness, you might try check the number on your wiring harness first
http://www.motosport.com/ID/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2001/GSXR600/WIRING-HARNESS-(MODEL-K1)
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2002/GSXR600/WIRING-HARNESS-(MODEL-K2~K3)

Hmm. So then what does the C30 code mean? If the STCU is inside the ECU then maybe I can just build my sim circuit, cause it plugs in at the sensors, and it will all go away. Guess its a place to start. I will hold off on ripping apart the harness till then.

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
maybe service manual for 600 k2/k3 model could answer that :)
haven't found where they move it on 600 k2/k3, but on newer model it seems they named it STVA (Secondary throttle valve actuator)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe service manual for 600 k2/k3 model could answer that :)
haven't found where they move it on 600 k2/k3, but on newer model it seems they named it STVA (Secondary throttle valve actuator)
STVA is the mikuni thing in the first picture.. I have the official K2 manual, and it says that its supposed to have that computer STCU on the tail on the right, thats what the whole confusion started from.

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
never thought the official manual could contain such a misleading info...

just found wiring diagram from haynes manual while googling

suzuki version. 600k2:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In that schematic it has the sTCU built in. Perhaps mine is the same way. but if its built into the ECU why am I getting the C30 code. I will try to ping it to the ECU, see if I even have the right ECU, and then build my sim, and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help, I will start up on the bike again in the morning.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aha.

32920-39F30 - K1 only
32920 - 39FD0 - K2/K3

Motherfuckers. Anyone got a space ECU around? Or am I gonna have to hit ebay/

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so update.

I got my circuit built. New ECU is in place. I managed to get everything working briefly and got the codes to go away, but by then the battery voltage was around 10V and it started throwing all sorts of nonsense. So I called it a day. Hopefully with a fresh charged battery I can get this wrapped up tomorrow. Also discovered that one of the wires (the sensor to ECU wire) is broken in the harness somewhere. I managed to jump it around so now it should be ok for tomorrow.

also I need a K1-K3 gauge cluster with around 30K on it. I got one off ebay, but it doesnt fucking work, so I got a refund on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts