Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

K2 600 - C30 (SCV) Questions

8K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  mvrk10256 
#1 ·
K2 600 - C30 (SCV) Questions - SOLVED!!!!

SEE PAGE 2 FOR SOLUTION AND ORGANIZED INFORMATION

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I posted but I came across a banging deal and grabbed it. Clean paperwork K2 600 for ~$1k. Great running condition. Some tasteless mods, but we can fix that pretty quick. Ghost flames, underglow and ostrich seats yo.

However one thing bugging me is the C30 FI code. Previous owner(s) pulled the secondary butterflys. I took apart the airbox to confirm. The butterflys themselves are gone but all the electronics and such remain. I traced the wires but they disappear into the main harness so I am not sure if its missing the actual module (if there is a separate module) or if its all part of the PCM.

C30 - SECONDARY THROTTLE CONTROL UNIT

Basically I want the light gone. What are my options? Is there an electronics workaround? I did some cursory googling but found nothing. Could I just get some butterflys, bolt them in, and go? Will that solve the code? I dont care for the "extra" power I just want to be able to use my FI light in case there is a real problem.

Thoughts? Opinions? Jeers? Insults?

Compulsory pics of bike

See less See more
#3 ·
I will do so this afternoon. I did some circuit design last night, so I may be able to beat this thing. Also ordered some parts.

Could someone please post a pic of a "tail fairing less" K series? Or specifically the location of the STCU plug? I think the previous owner may have deleted it, butI need those wires. Going to pull the tail fairing this afternoon.

#4 ·
under the tail fairing, on the left next to the rectifier. it's in the manual.
I know where its supposed to be but its not there.

Pictures from sensors back. Halp?!

Sensor and actuator:

Wires and plugs

Into the main bundle

and it dissappears in the main bundle. There is nothing here. No sign that the harness was touched either.

This thing was sealed in the back. No idea what its for but it has always been empty on all my bikes.

Nothing back here.

#9 ·
^luckly you haven't done that, i search few other forum, and it turn out that suzuki never put the STCU (part no. 32910-39F00) on 600 k2/k3 model, they only put it on 600 K1 model.
http://www.motosport.com/ID/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2002/GSXR600/ELECTRICAL

k1 and k2/k3 have a different wiring harness, you might try check the number on your wiring harness first
http://www.motosport.com/ID/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2001/GSXR600/WIRING-HARNESS-(MODEL-K1)
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2002/GSXR600/WIRING-HARNESS-(MODEL-K2~K3)

#10 ·
Hmm. So then what does the C30 code mean? If the STCU is inside the ECU then maybe I can just build my sim circuit, cause it plugs in at the sensors, and it will all go away. Guess its a place to start. I will hold off on ripping apart the harness till then.

#14 ·
In that schematic it has the sTCU built in. Perhaps mine is the same way. but if its built into the ECU why am I getting the C30 code. I will try to ping it to the ECU, see if I even have the right ECU, and then build my sim, and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help, I will start up on the bike again in the morning.

#20 ·
so update.

I got my circuit built. New ECU is in place. I managed to get everything working briefly and got the codes to go away, but by then the battery voltage was around 10V and it started throwing all sorts of nonsense. So I called it a day. Hopefully with a fresh charged battery I can get this wrapped up tomorrow. Also discovered that one of the wires (the sensor to ECU wire) is broken in the harness somewhere. I managed to jump it around so now it should be ok for tomorrow.

also I need a K1-K3 gauge cluster with around 30K on it. I got one off ebay, but it doesnt fucking work, so I got a refund on it.

#21 ·
sweet come up bro, mine is an 02 too but it looks nothing like that and I paid way more for the bike.
Thanks.

So the final word is that it works. The bike reads C00 about 95% of the time. Occasionally C29 will pop and then go away. Perhaps a few resistor tweaks are required but its good enough for my purposes. Information for the people who come across this later.

-K1 bikes (600/750) have separate STCU that plug in the tail near the dealer mode plug. The PN is : 32910-39F00.
-K2 and later 600/750/1000 all have integrated STCU in the ECU.
-K1 600 ECU part number: 32920-39F30
-k2/k3 600 ECU part number: 32920-39FD0

First ping all your wires. There are two connection.

3 wire plug (blue/yellow/black):
Blue = 5v (ref ground)
Black = Ground
Yellow = output signal to ECU. Its the smaller of the two plugs in the top row. Its yellow here but at the ECU its yellow/white.

2 wire plug:
Black/red - down
Yellow/black - up
ping to ECU its the two wires next to yellow/white wire.

Now we have to build the circuit. I suggest getting quality parts from Mouser. I have linked everything you need below. I suggest getting extras. The total cost is about ~$12 give or take.

2 x 22k resistor
2 x 10k Resistors
2 x 47k Resistors
2 x 4.7k Resistors
2 x 100 uF Caps
1 x 10uF Cap
2 x BC549
1 x BC559

Plus you need some short lengths of wire, a protoboard (say away from radioshack) and some sort of case. I had a hammond box laying around that fit nicely. You can also take black silicon and immerse the circuit in order to seal it.

Here is the circuit.

Here is what you should have when your done:

Here are the plugs in question. Just stick it down there under the tank somewhere.

And some bonus pics. Got the bike all cleaned up,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.