Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
GO FAST
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 03 gsxr600 and ever now and then she just won't start. The only thing I see is chec where the temp is normally any ideas.

·
GO FAST
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's totally random everytime I turn the key it's hit or miss. Now I have been pulling up the front tire a lot. It's a stunt bike but I have yet to drop it on the cage.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
start with checking the tipover sensor under the seat (subframe) check kickstand safety switch also ? start there ! These 2 things are messed with first thing on a stunt bike !

More info would help ? When it DOES start does it take alot of cranks or fire right up ?

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
4,286 Posts
Oh and change up that oil pickup right off if you can find a stuntex one !

·
4,286 Posts
Pop ur tank up and check ur wires to the pump, it may have vibrated loose or be frayed. or pulled loose by rerouting wires or mounting cages or just droping the front wheel down hard ?
Good luck ! Ill stick with the thread and see what happens. I have owned dozens of these gixxers 750's and 1,000's but same shit ! lol

·
4,286 Posts
check ur ignition behind the light that all conectors and good

·
GO FAST
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's gotta be some stupid sensor. Everyone at gixxer keeps telling I can't just delete the safety switches. I think there a bunch of useless squids that can't ride. Can I delete the clutch side stand and tip sensor. I know the tip sensor is killing my bike when I bring it up a little high.

·
4,286 Posts
those sensors can be disabled in a matter of a few min each ! no issues, except safety and thats a matter of opinion .
Although Now it DOES sound like a conector to the fuel pump at the tank, ignition, or the pump is on it's last leg. They do go out in these often.

turn ur key on and off listening for the pump to prime and mess with the conectors at the same time to see if you can make it act up !
Good luck brah !

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Clutch/Neutral safety switch. When it doesn't start try jiggling your clutch handle up and down while pulled in. If the sensor is iffy then it'll find a position where it's happy and it'll fire up.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Clutch/Neutral safety switch. When it doesn't start try jiggling your clutch handle up and down while pulled in. If the sensor is iffy then it'll find a position where it's happy and it'll fire up.
+1. This was my first thought along with tip over sensor.

·
GO FAST
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know it's not the clutch switch it's gotta be the tip or sidestand. Cause the clutch would let the bike prime and get ready to fire and it don't do that. But it's killing me so I'll be bringing the bike in the kitchen today to see what I can find.

·
4,286 Posts
Oh and when it doesn't prime it won't crank over. So I don't think the pump is the problem.
Gotta pry the right info out of ya huh? Lol
Try kickstand first

·
GO FAST
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok first off why do girlfriends hate it when they come home and see this

So I pulled the lower plastics off and like 3 or 4 connections weren't snapped together touching but not locked in. Snapped them together and boom gone for now. Lol sorry I feel so stupid now should have looked at it first.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts