Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this forum to get more info for my k4 Gsxr build, so I figured I'd start a build thread. I traded a xr650l dual sport for a k4 gsxr750 about a year ago, and as much as I like the power of the bike, I hate the ergos for around town riding. I thought about getting a supermoto but figured a street fighter would be more fun. As of now I have the bike stripped of its fairings and have an lsl handlebar kit being shipped.
I'm looking for opinions on which dual light setup I should run. Any info would be great.

Before I stripped it
ImageUploadedByMO Free1390001966.698594.jpg

Naked
ImageUploadedByMO Free1390001992.226563.jpg

Thought about using stock headlight
ImageUploadedByMO Free1390002016.557393.jpg

What I want it to look like
ImageUploadedByMO Free1390002050.743061.jpg

Or
ImageUploadedByMO Free1390002069.887347.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Damn.. im not sure which I would suggest.
The original light isn't to common, compared to the dual lights. Plus they look good and unique.
The duals, well they look good too...

Hmm see where your creativity goes mate and just express ya self

Oh and welcone to the fight:thumbup::D, im subbing, can't wait to see where it goes

·
Registered
129 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the stock headlight is it is bulky from the side view View attachment 39754
I'm going for a clean look, nothing too crazy

First thought... Looks sick, it accentuates the lines of the bike from front to back. It hides all the wiring already too

Ok.. so 'looking for problems'
-Clean any excess rubber and plastic around it.
-Try and have it closer to the frame
- Get it painted

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
The dual Dominators look good but light output isn't great. It can be improved with better wiring and bulbs. Keep that in mind if you do a lot of night riding.

Glad to see you tearing into it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
look at the mt03 headlight or a vrod headlight I think itll fit the look you want. or if you want to stick with the stock headlight another guy on here used one and made a simple fairing around it out of fiberglass and it looks great. ill look for it for you

here it is if tis not on the right page its on page 20 just scroll down a bit and youll see it
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47581&page=20

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
look at the mt03 headlight or a vrod headlight I think itll fit the look you want. or if you want to stick with the stock headlight another guy on here used one and made a simple fairing around it out of fiberglass and it looks great. ill look for it for you

here it is if tis not on the right page its on page 20 just scroll down a bit and youll see it
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47581&page=20
Awesome I'll look into that light now. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
321 Posts
The mt03 headlight looks awesome on pretty much any bike. They're quite pricey though, particularly if you get the lsl "kit" which includes brackets as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts