Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
108 Posts
Re: Kane's build off discussion thread - Project Destroyer

as much as i love aprilias... i would love to see what happens to this bike :knucks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts

fuckin sick! glad to see your doing this!

·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I just got the front nose fairing last night and the exhaust is coming tonight. Hopefully the Projector light will be here in a few days so I can get to work on it. The nose fairing is fucking sweet and I cannot believe how lite it is. The thing weighs almost nothing. I will post up pics of the parts tonight. I plan on starting the tear down next week while I am on vacation.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts

we wanna see some nekkid pics of her stat!

also wanna see a mock up of that tuono screen and how the heck your gonna apply it?! :confused:

i think you should just cut out the yellow section and use that part. . . but i'll hold judgment till i see it!

·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The Tuono screen is a direct bolt on part on the stock fairing stay. The head light mounting will be very tricky and getting the holes perfect on the screen for the tiny lights. The cool thing though, the head has a magnesium case.

G

·

If the ducati projectors don't work for you i've got the r6 low beams that I'd let go for cheap.
They look kind of like this:

This is going to be hard to explain, but they're set up to be horizontal so there's a metal shield inside (under the lens) that would need to be cut out if you're going to stack them.

Also, the lights are the same size, one is just recessed a couple inches.

I'm pretty jealous of the carbon fiber bits and those new cans...

·
Flying Squirrel
769 Posts
Your 'Priller build is very cool; if I could "axe", how much did you have to pay for the 999 stacked light assembly?
Thanks,
-KR

·
The Jaw-Dropping MishMash
105 Posts

If the ducati projectors don't work for you i've got the r6 low beams that I'd let go for cheap.
They look kind of like this:

This is going to be hard to explain, but they're set up to be horizontal so there's a metal shield inside (under the lens) that would need to be cut out if you're going to stack them.

Also, the lights are the same size, one is just recessed a couple inches.

I'm pretty jealous of the carbon fiber bits and those new cans...
The Ducati Projectors will work. My buddy did the same mod to his Aprilia fighter about a two years ago -

Check out the pics at the bottom of this page -

http://www.turn2sportbikes.com/Projects_040106.html

The latest pics need to be posted still...

·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your 'Priller build is very cool; if I could "axe", how much did you have to pay for the 999 stacked light assembly?
Thanks,
-KR
I got the whole set up for $100. The mount was wrecked but I don't need it so it worked out for me. I just did and update to the build thread and the lights are almost finished. I only took pictures of the mock up. I have the aluminum mounts rough cut and fitted. I will post up pictures after I get the wholes cut and the wiring done to show them lit.

·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have come to the conclusion today that I have absolutely no desire to work on this project. I have no idea why either. i am going to think on this for a few days but I keep on coming back to parting it out and working on my Honda for the track next year. I really want some more go fast parts for it and I want to do some more work to my Jeep again. Man I cannot believe it. Shit happens I guess.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
hey bud. i dont know if you need some inpiration. a fire under your ass. a kick in the ass??

whatever you may need...one would think THIS would cover it:

that bike is teh s3x! bigtime. Think of how much fun your already awesome to ride Aprilia will be with the dirty bars and commanding seating position!! think of how sick it'll be when people are like oh nice tuono and you say psssssh you dont know shit homie thats a fuckin RSV biatch! that and....we'd totally love to feature it when its done! lol

THINK ABOUT IT OKAY!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts