Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have this problem with 1991 GSX600F (UK model)
so i had some troubles to start the bike, and looking at old carbs, cleaning them for few times, i had no luck on starting it. so i decided to get another set of carbs, got a sweet deal on keihin carb from 600cc bandit. unfortunately it had smaller boot diameter, so i made original air box to fit smaller diameter thrumpets. i changed spark plugs before tried to start with old carbs.

bike starts only if i take airbox off and block intakes(sucks out fuel from channels, intake gets really wet from fuel) and bike starts. then it starts ok, until next day. other option is with air box and starter fluid, but also really lazy. idle screw is set at 2 turns out after seated.

spark doesnt looked strong, but plugging same plugs to VFR and checking for spark, it looked the same(although vfr uses different type of plugs)

also when engine is runing, throttle is laggy and drops rpm's slow.

so my question, is...
is the carbs faulty? cleaned them several times
or is it ignition releated problem?

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
Sounds like the carbs are jetted lean if it is slow to come down in rpm and hard to start. Another set of plugs couldn't hurt just because.are all the vaccum ports blocked or feeding what that have to? Fuel line(s) aren't pinching anywhere? Just for sake of argument try new plugs and set a/f mix screw to 3 turns out and see if start up is better.if it helps your headed the right direction.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
91 gsxf has screw and locknut valve adjusters, can't hurt to pop off the valve cover and check clearances, free to adjust and all.
You can chase all kinds of weird issues with overly tight valves.

Reactions: tsukuyomi79
1 - 3 of 3 Posts