Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so I have been working on my katana .. Everything is sorted out as far as customization. But what does lack is my front end. What usd forks will slide into my stock triple. Or options. . I don't like the originals. Want something else. Its a 97 katana 600. Thanks guys. If you have any options please include what is needed to do the job. Thanks

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Go to the all balls website and click the front end swap button on their homepage. That will at least tell you what front ends use the same steering stem bearings or which ones can be adapted with other bearings. Only thing left then is to figure out if the stem length is right or you might even be able to press out the stock stem and press it into some other triples. Either way if you want USD forks you'll never get them to fit the stock katana triples because the stock katana forks are just too small.

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks racing. Yea I checked all balls. Big list. WAs looking for something Yamaha. Which they have listing for. But wasn't sure how accurate it is. An didn't wanna buy the triple an forks. Till I had options an certainties.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
stock 91-95 gsxr usds swap right in, srads and newer require bearing swaps. same with TL-S and TL-R, busa
Nice one, now tell me how to add USDs to my 92 cbr 600 and end up with a wheel that matches (don't say SP1 i can't afford that game} :ebay:

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks med. I was looking into a 92 gsxr750 complete front. I wasn't for sure they were a direct bolt on. Just needed comformation before purchasing . Hey ck I would have used the drop down search but it doesn't work on the mobile version. Out of town at moment searching for things to purchase so as I got home my parts would be there. . But thanks

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
lol ken, just get some 954 triples and run early gsxr forks (50 top, 54mm bottom, 20mm axle) and run a cbr wheel :)
Ok, I will make my own thread and quit highjacking, GSX good luck, I dropped a katana front on an 82 gs750 and it went on like a (bent) stock part, super easy.

Thanks med. I was looking into a 92 gsxr750 complete front. I wasn't for sure they were a direct bolt on. Just needed comformation before purchasing . Hey ck I would have used the drop down search but it doesn't work on the mobile version. Out of town at moment searching for things to purchase so as I got home my parts would be there. . But thanks
Just a handy tip, google search "customfighters.com katana fork swap" or something like that if your mobile is weird.

Reactions: CK 187

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for he feedback guys . Spring is here time to get my ass into gear an get this bike done . Ken na your good. Interested to hear the bombos.

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I found a good deal on a whole front end off a 99 zx7r. Anyone have any info. Opinions. Unseen Problems while fitting to the katana. Sorry guys just this is all new to me thanks

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,269 Posts
Well I found a good deal on a whole front end off a 99 zx7r. Anyone have any info. Opinions. Unseen Problems while fitting to the katana. Sorry guys just this is all new to me thanks
If the stem doesn't work, press out Katana stem and have put in the ZX triples. Sometimes a spacer is required

1 - 14 of 14 Posts