Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Mr. Good Kat
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Back in business.

Today I managed to put together the rearsets and the brackets I've made.

It's a first time for me, everything was made from scratch.

Not perfect, the left adapter bracket warped a bit when the final welds were made, I'll massage it back, but I am pretty happy about the results.

Still need to finish them.

host image

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
I like the looks of that (stores the idea to be stolen on some future project)

Reactions: GoodKat

·
Mr. Good Kat
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
I like the looks of that (stores the idea to be stolen on some future project)
Can't wait to finish them. The pictures are before final welds. I paid a welder to TIG them for me. When I got home, I did a test by bolting one to the frame and let my weight on it and it holds me, so everything should be safe & sound 😁

Now...just need to remove all the burrs and give them a good clean.

·
Mr. Good Kat
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
This evening I did some work on the brake side. This is a trial, this is not the final form, I need to improve the design but now I got some clear lines.

Things to improve:

• increase the thread diameter from 6mm to 8mm.
  • make the bends near the mounting points so the bending angles are not as sharp, will help by reducing any flex since a straight rod cannot be used.

Also I did the torque arm out of 5x30mm stainless flat bar.

·
Mr. Good Kat
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Today I did this clevis rod end out of some stainless flat bar and a long nut.

Took me the better of two hours, now I think I would be able to make it faster, but if I would have the chance, I would buy it...the problem is that I don't know where I could buy it from.

Probably a machine shop could make some pretty fast, I don't need them to be finished, I can do that myself. Only two holes (8mm thread for the longitudinal hole) a 6mm hole for the transversal one and a 5mm wide slit for 30mm or so, but no one is willing to do just a few.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts