Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
170 Posts
Yantosh is right: you can make axles out of stainless steel. But stainless steel is a very soft material. When it comes to performance, the right material for axles is 42CrMo4. This only serves as information for modifications.

·
Mr. Good Kat
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Yantosh is right: you can make axles out of stainless steel. But stainless steel is a very soft material. When it comes to performance, the right material for axles is 42CrMo4. This only serves as information for modifications.
Hey @Bandit1052! Thank you for your input, useful as always! I hope that the diameter is large enough not to cause issues for the moment, knowing that the bike is pretty light and the power not that much.

I would make one axle out of 42CrMo4 if I would have access to a piece of round 17mm OD bar, but I cannot find locally.

·
Mr. Good Kat
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Ok so, back in Bucharest. Yesterday I marked a huge mile: put the electrics on the frame (well, most of the electrical harness), hooked up everything and did a crank test. IT CRANKS AND THERE IS SPARK!!! So happy about this!

I didn't liked the battery wires terminals I had on the bike so I decided to make my own. Fits the battery perfect, ensuring a nice contact patch. Not much but I made it from some scrap copper pipe I had floating around. Fun project.

Also I had a look at the bike and I didn't like the rearsets I've made. Soooo....just ordered these:

A nice set of Tarozzi rearsets!!

Can't wait for them to arrive!

Oh, and also this stainless steel rear fender:

·
Mr. Good Kat
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Very nice, lots of little details.
Thanks! Indeed, there are soo many things you do not consider when starting a project like this. If you got shelves full of little parts and ready to bolt on bits, you skip lots of these operations. But I don't, so I need to buy or make them. Making them is faster than buying...sometimes.

·
Mr. Good Kat
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
IMPORTANT:

I got to the stage where I need to wire up the ignition switch.

So... I got this EMGO ignition switch that has 3 positions: ON - OFF - PARKING LIGHT (ACCESORIES)

On the back of the ignition switch there are 3 terminals that look like this:

The electrical scheme for the standard ignition switch has 6 wires and looks like this:

Is it possible to wire up those 6 wires to the 3 terminals? If yes, how should I wire them?

Thank you!!

·
Mr. Good Kat
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Ignition done!

So, the ignition switch was having 6 wires, but only 4 were used. Suzuki used the same switch for multiple bikes. From the 4 wires I removed one that was lighting the dash when the bike was in park mode, so.it was not needed. Hooked up the 3 wires (randomly) to the 3 terminals of the new switch and I've got it right first try! Now that's luck!

241 - 260 of 265 Posts