Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
341 - 349 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
296 Posts
I assume that you make the whole back nice and round. Then they look much better optically and your own style is recognizable again!
So typical "GOODKAT" style !!!

Greetings Andy

·
Mr. Good Kat
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
Hey Andy! @Bandit1052 well...it seems that you know me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm just back from my garage, and this is what I've been doing for the last 3 hours with my trusty hacksaw and some files.

versus the original design.

Still have some more filing to do, but I think I'm on the good road.

Right now I need to get ready for the New Year party. It was a wild year for me, but I've managed to pull it off.

CF is like a second internet family, therefore I wish you all the best! I'll drink a beer for you guys...or more!

Cheers!

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
296 Posts
Absolutely great !!!! Drink slowly tonight because you sweated while filing !!!! I knew that you would make something out of it, that it would be so beautiful, I did not think so !!!!!!!

Greetings Andy

·
Mr. Good Kat
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
Guys, I had it enough! This is not an update for the build, but I want to share with you the fact that I've decided to buy myself a metal lathe. Got tired of paying good money to people who are doing half-jobs.

After breaking the piggy-bank, I found one that fits my needs & my cash, asked several people who are using one if it is any good, they said that with a little bit of work they are awesome.

It is a chinesium / german one, about 1000 euro, 1.1 kW brushless motor, variable speed controller: ching-chong lathe

I know it is a chinese lathe, but I'm sure that it is way way better than my current drill-in-a-vice lathe.

Just happy that I've made my mind, and I wanted to share it with you, grease-monkeys!

Cheers!

·
Mr. Good Kat
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
After countless hours of looking on reviews and watching YT videos, I was feeling lost. So many options to pick from. I nearly bought a Chinese lathe, but in the end I've increased the budget by about 50% and bought a German brand. Optimum TU2304. A bench lathe, not too big, perfectly fit for my little shed, now I am waiting for the shipping to arrive the following days.
Can't wait!!

341 - 349 of 349 Posts