Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
looks good. I dont envy the time you spend keeping it clean but it does look good.

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
looks good. I dont envy the time you spend keeping it clean but it does look good.

Thanks!

Believe it or not, keeping it clean is a half an hour job, once in a while, maybe once a month. The hard part is to firstly remove all the clear coat and oxide developed underneath. After that, it's a breeze.

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I've had my share of wrestling with the engine while trying to clean it or change the gaskets, so I said to myself that something needs to be done about it.

So yesterday I've built a stand for the engine, nothing too fancy but it makes a world difference when working on it. And changed the side gaskets as a first operation on the stand.

photo sign

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Finished the speedometer housing and bracket. A little bit heavy for my taste, but it looks good imho. I really don't like plastic so this one fits the bill. Probably I could make it lighter but doesn't worth the effort. Maybe when I'll buy my own lathe.

The housing is made out of a tractor piston, the bracket out of some scrap aluminum, 8mm thick. Welded together and voilà!

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
thats a cool engine stand
Thanks Yan! I was thinking to add some wheels as you can find on the shopping carts, that are able to move in all directions but I think that's ok as it is....maybe after I install the engine in the frame I'll build a shop chair that can be turned into an engine stand by simply removing the two bolts that hold the seat...hmmm

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
It already has a stand with wheels. Two wheels. And a steering too

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
It already has a stand with wheels. Two wheels. And a steering too
Hopefully in the near future will be a full working bike and not just a stand 😁😂

Man I got so tired of looking for people to do stuff for me because I don't have the tools...I really need a lathe and a TIG machine.

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Just lower your standarts

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Just lower your standarts
This is one of my main issues. Usually I am not happy on how people are doing things.

Today was a good day.

I brought back all the parts from the powdercoating shop. Flat black for the frame and metallic silver for the wheels. I know, I know, not so original but it works. I've put in the freezer the bottom triple tree to install the inner bottom bearing race, and outer bearing races so I can install them in the steering tube.

Bought some fork seals and fork oil, next days I'm going to look for tires.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hopefully in the near future will be a full working bike and not just a stand 😁😂

Man I got so tired of looking for people to do stuff for me because I don't have the tools...I really need a lathe and a TIG machine.
As soon as you have a lathe, you immediately run into stuff or ideas that make you want a bigger lathe. :D

And my TIG is screwed up come to think of it.

Frame looks great, really dig that gauge housing too. Cool idea.

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
@TURNIP

Well, I'm sure you're right, but I do need to have a starting point somewhere, right? 😂

Most of the times I find myself in the need for bushings and spacers. The people around here charge big bucks even for a small spacer. But not the money are the main problem...the fact that I need to make several phone calls till I can find someone who wants to take such a small job, wasting time on the road etc.

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Last night, after coming back from downtown, I had no sleep so I considered it's a good time to work on the project.

I tore apart the front suspension & cleaned everything, replaced the oil and seals. Everything went pretty good and fast, considering it was the first time I was doing this.

Was surprised about the mint condition of the fork internals, no wear on the bushings. Finally something that worked flawless.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
...no wear on the bushings...
If you can see orange, it means the grey Teflon coating has worn away and you're down to the metal.

I think yours got to that point a while ago.

·
Mr. Good Kat
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
...no wear on the bushings...
If you can see orange, it means the grey Teflon coating has worn away and you're down to the metal.

I think yours got to that point a while ago.
The copper bushings are fixed right under the oil seal. If you look closely, there are the mobile bushings with an intact teflon coating right under the copper rings. 😁

141 - 160 of 199 Posts