Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
The copper bushings are fixed right under the oil seal. If you look closely, there are the mobile bushings with an intact teflon coating right under the copper rings. 😁
That'll learn me for looking on a mobile screen

·
Mr. Good Kat
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
The copper bushings are fixed right under the oil seal. If you look closely, there are the mobile bushings with an intact teflon coating right under the copper rings. 😁
That'll learn me for looking on a mobile screen
No worries mate. I appreciate your input! Can't wait to get back to Bucharest so I can order new tires, chain and continue the assembling.

By the way, any fighter that can help me with some simple CAD designs? I need two identical rearset levers and two identical adapter plates (so a design for each should be enough. I can provide all the measurements.

·
Mr. Good Kat
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Today I've decided to make a tail tidy, some minimalistic piece to mount the tail light, blinkers and number plate. Because I went to the stainless steel route with some of the parts made until now, and I had a piece of flat bar laying around, I created a design in my mind, and some measurements later did this.

Also, this was a good exercise on welding stainless with a stick welder since I don't have a TIG / MIG machine. Pretty happy with the result, even though is not finished.

Still need to drill some more holes and give it a good shine.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
That's stick?! Damn, U got sum skillz.

·
Mr. Good Kat
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
That's stick?! Damn, U got sum skillz.
Yep, 2.5mm stainless steel stick, 80 amps (this stick can work between 40 and 90 amps) but trust me, it's not about skill, probably I am the most unskilled welder on this forum. This stick make is amazing. Once you start it, it goes like butter. Just need to keep a steady travel speed and rod angle.

·
Mr. Good Kat
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
As it sits right now:

roll dice online

Did some more things, new rubbers, front wheel it's on for good, need to turn some spacers for the rear, and to get chain & sprockets.

Changed the master cylinder and caliper gaskets, bleeded the brake, works as a charm.

Tomorrow I'll try to make a battery tray out of stainless...fingers crossed.

Also, trimmed the sprocket cover to go with the lines of the new frame rearset plates.

roll dice online

·
Registered
989 Posts
I love doing this kind of relatively small-scale sheet bending and fab, snips grips and files etc. Super satisfying. Nice looking part

161 - 180 of 197 Posts