1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
lets get some info and some pics going chrissy! :mshap:

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there really is not much to take a picture of.

I will make a video of its operation soon.

I built and RF reader PCB and then wired the antenna into the tailsection and added a couple relays to handle the power.

Basically you would have a keyfob and when your bike notices it it turns on. Then the starter button starts like normal.
It is pretty cool and really tightened up the wiring since everything is in the back.

I want to do a few more then make it like a package that could be purchased and installed by almost anyone. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
that's not what i was expecting at all....i was expecting like you took your ignition apart then relayed the wires to a swith so when you flip the switch it thinks a key is turned on then you hit your start button and your off like a prom dress....then turn the switch off and it's like you turned the key off so your lights go off and everything.......would that work you think?

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gunslinger said:
that's not what i was expecting at all....i was expecting like you took your ignition apart then relayed the wires to a swith so when you flip the switch it thinks a key is turned on then you hit your start button and your off like a prom dress....then turn the switch off and it's like you turned the key off so your lights go off and everything.......would that work you think?
Well it would have to be a switch to a relay but sure, then anyone can take a ride?

What bike do you have? I can draw you a schematic of what you want to do.

·
Registered
371 Posts
MsHap said:
Well it would have to be a switch to a relay but sure, then anyone can take a ride?

What bike do you have? I can draw you a schematic of what you want to do.
I have an 02 Suzuki Bandit 600

the anyone take a ride thing was a concern for sure......

i was thinking of hooking it up to the on/off switch

what would the set up you came up with cost? can we have a list of what's needed please?

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haelo said:
That's tight but

what happens when your fob's batteries go dead?
No batteries. Passive RF technology. What happens is the reader actually provides power to the tag via a LF EM field.

It is similiar to the Mobil Speed Pass They use a proprietary lets call it protocol but the end result is the same.

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also added this cool little system so that I have a switch upfront to turn the second ignition on and off and when I turn it on the headlamps go out and the angel eyes come on too. :)

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
MsHap said:
Well there really is not much to take a picture of.

I will make a video of its operation soon.

I built and RF reader PCB and then wired the antenna into the tailsection and added a couple relays to handle the power.

Basically you would have a keyfob and when your bike notices it it turns on. Then the starter button starts like normal.
It is pretty cool and really tightened up the wiring since everything is in the back.

I want to do a few more then make it like a package that could be purchased and installed by almost anyone. :)
I 'm up for that.
Put one on the KATANA.....

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i'm interested in where you got the tag too, and if you have a schematic for the rf reader you built, that'd be cool too. i've looked into a couple different setups, but being able to build something that i'd know works for what i'd use it for would help.

any chance that someone else's tag could trip it? something like, say, someone's mobile speedpass? lol. just curious, don't know THAT much about it, so i don't know about that sort of possibility.

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I built the board and antenna.
The tags are just regular 125khz EM4102 you can get them anywhere. Like radio shack probably has them.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
MsHap said:
I built the board and antenna.
The tags are just regular 125khz EM4102 you can get them anywhere. Like radio shack probably has them.

gotcha. any chance on a schematic for the reader? i haven't built a custom board for anything in years, but i think i still have everything to do it in a box around here somewhere.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
no biggie, i actually have a few different designs on my computer someplace, just curious as to any major differences with what you used. i think i may have to try that now, just for shits and giggles.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts