Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
I've been working crazy amounts of overtime at work, so not much actual build progress. But I've been making money and spending it just as quickly. The boxes have been rolling in...

Ooh, always wanted a Slovenian trumpet. Nice! More pics please.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Great bike to fighter can't wait to see the finished product

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hey I might be picking up a pretty good condition 02 aprilla mille just to part out if you need parts I might buy it.

·
RSV Gona get treatment
2 Posts
Re: Kidd's Aprilia Mille Build Thread

Hey Kidd.

Diggin your fighter, she's a honey. Just about to give my 03 the treatment; wondered what tail you've used, it looks sick & I'd line to do the same tail on mine.

billy

·
perfectly imperfect
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Billy. I appreciate the kind words. I can't wait to see what you do to your miller.

I haven't finished the tail yet. It's gonna be a custom sculpted and molded carbon fiber piece. Stay tuned. As far as the subframe...I just chopped the stock one.

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
That subframe looks really cool, I like it. Awesome work on the carbon fiber. Would you recommend it to someone who's never done any fiberglass work or resin work in general before? I'd love to make some CF pieces for my build...wait now that I think about it someone here was supposed to send me some cloth...shit.

·
perfectly imperfect
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This infusion process was a little tricky, I'm not gonna lie. The main reason is all the plies are loose until you pull vacuum. But then it was easy to get a good result. So that's two different things to take into consideration...How hard is the process? How hard is it to get a good result? Here's my opinion:

Contact layup (wet layup, no vacuum bag):
  • easy process
  • hard to get a good result
  • cost are cheap

Wet layup with vacuum bag:
  • Not too hard process
  • not too hard to get a good result
  • initial costs can be pricey, but cheaper than all the following processes

Infusion:
  • Process is kinda tricky
  • easy to get good results
  • Process costs are more, but you may save money by making less errors

Prepreg:
  • easy to learn, difficult to master
  • easy to get good results
  • generally cost prohibitive considering need for freezer storage and oven/autoclave curing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.