Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

KingNBA6's 06 650r Build Thread

7K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  kingnba6 
#1 ·
08/11/11-just got the 06 650r black with red accents with all fairings. 12k miles on the clock but was neglected and left in the rain.came with Muzzy Exhaust and a bunch of rust! (wish i had pictures of it :confused:) had to clean and lube the chains and adjust the slack. adjusted the clutch and all that other stuff. everything else is basically stock as for now.

looked similar to it.

09/04/11- made a home made fender eliminator? yes i did.

02/21/12- what have i done now?

also installed heated grips.

02/23/12- got mirrors that go above the clutch and brake levers. they are blue but just you wait.

03/02/12- installed red rim tape followed a coolant overflow tank mod. also painted the mirrors black and then attached reflective tape on the front. changed the front orange lens turn signals for clear one.

04/22/12-picked up a crashed but still working 08 ninja 650r (i currently have a 06, but its the same exact bike) the bike has everything expect for the tank, title, keys and exhaust. the bike has 5000 miles, bmc air filter, power commander and i think thats all.

5/07/12- installed the red wheels from the 08 onto my 06. and also a legit fender eliminator.

06/10/12- installed new sport bars with shorty levers and some new mirrors. also a new tank and some better headlights.

next steps are to install the PC3 and bmc air filter from the 08 to the 06.

See less See more
#14 ·
installed new sport bars with shorty levers and some new mirrors. also a new tank and some better headlights.

im not really feeling the sports bars. it makes it feel very different. dont know if its good or bad. i liked the stock ergo. better for commuting with the stock bars than the sports bars. and i have an r1 and i feel them to be better than the sport bars on the 650

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.