Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!

Welcome to a drama free area for criticism and comments. Seriously though, i am even more interested in your criticism than adulation. If it were not for level headed people with more knowledge and insight than i have, i would not even be able to enter this competition. I will not be offended if you have a different point of view. throw it out there. :rock:

so with that said, i am hoping that this will be a great build and it will be mutually beneficial. I might even finish the bike this time around!
thanks
~Chris

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Tank looks awesome man, whats the plan with the paint on it? Are you gonna leave the center crease visible since you fixed the alignment issue?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tank looks awesome man, whats the plan with the paint on it? Are you gonna leave the center crease visible since you fixed the alignment issue?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Now that the carbon lines up like i want i will be leaving the joint unpainted, both on the tank and the tail. not sure exactly what all is going to be white, but that section is going to be carbon fiber for sure.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
It only counts for what he does in this part of the build...........yea we are defiantly fighting for 2nd

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
You ever figure out how your ganna run the exhaust on this thing....
Love the bike and cannot wait to see it finished

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You ever figure out how your ganna run the exhaust on this thing....
Love the bike and cannot wait to see it finished
hey,
i actually did finish the exhaust and you can see it in the pictures, though with the angle i shot it is pretty hidden. i decided to tuck it up under and route it out the left side. i will post up a better picture of it. thanks for watching
~Chris

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many layers of carbon did you use on the tank?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
i used 5 for the bottom, 7 for the sides, with an extra layer of pure kevlar where it might hit the ground, and then 5 layers for the flanges. so it ranges from 5 to 10, and 7 to 12 depending on the cross section.

does that help? i am sure it is overkill but i would rather be safe than sorry on my first tank.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts