Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
These guys are very active and your bike should fall into their readership's tastes (hell - anyones taste for that matter!) http://thebikeshed.cc/your-bike-on-the-shed/

They have a classified section too.

Edit: just saw Hrdy beat me to it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
BikeExif would get you wider exposure, but he's super anal about photo quality; its as much a photography website featuring motorcycles, as a motorcycle website with photos. Even with a great bike, you need to do a good photo shoot to have something he'd want to run. He'll run some pretty naff bikes if the photos are good, and doesn't seem nearly as concerned with accurately covering / critiquing the technical side of things, and he rarely (never that I remember) shows photos of the build process.
To further this point - surely a talented man like Knifemaker knows some good photographers with some nice photo gear who would love a chance to do some wicked glamour shots of this machine. Getting a feature in BikeExif would be great, but I think that there would also be a lot of personal value in having some super high quality photos to remember the bike by when it's done.

I took some nice shots myself of my KTM when I had it, and I've always regretted that I didn't get any good ones of my old SV. The CBX gets an annual photo shoot on detailing day - but I've never had a pro shoot it. Maybe this spring...

·
Registered
202 Posts
BTW - remind me where you're located - is it VA? What's the story on getting a title for a bike with a homebuilt frame there? There's a dude on the SOHC4 forum building a frame and I'd like to pass on any helpful info.

·
G Force Junkie
6 Posts
I was looking back to Knifemakers carbon work for some help with a tail piece for my GSXR and stumbled onto this build.
I had a friend with one of these "pigs" we called "The V Raggo".
Holy shit this is a completely different creature than his pile!!
Super impressed with your skills and vision. Be well on your trip and start posting as soon as you begin your next project.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
That thing looks so different now, when i sold it to him i was actually about a week away from tearing it all down and recycling/parting out. I was going to buy it from a friend a few years prior to chris getting it but not long before the sale to chris i ended up getting it for free because it was a lawn ornament.

I still wish i could have gotten the OG title for him but it just didnt work out. Im glad i didnt keep this to part out.... if i did this would never be a thing.

congrats on another work of art chris and i wish you well on your travels!

221 - 229 of 229 Posts