Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow streetfighter fans. My name is Stoyan and I am from Bulgaria. I read thiis forum for over 1 year now looking at projects and dreaming of making one of my own. So since I already have a bike and cant afford a newer one and quite frankly they all look too plain compared to what I have seen here I decided to mod it to my taste. Of course with some help from friends because I am not that skilled. Anyway enough info here is the bike and some of the parts I already have

Some of the parts I managed to buy so far :
GSXR 1000 K5/6 Front Rotors

GSXR750 K1 Front USD Forks ( I removed the carbon fiber foil because I wanted to look for damage)

VFR800 2001 Swingarm with shock,caliper and rear rotor (sorry for quality its from ebay purchase because I didnt have time too shoot it)

Rear Car Wheel 17x7 4x100

So this is the basic idea. I found the VFR800 Original rim cheap and I am gonna buy it this or next week as a tool for centering the swingarm. The car wheel I will leave in a shop to machine it down to 6" or 5.5" depending on what can be fit in the swingarm. I know it looks better with fat tyre but I dont want to loose some rideability (CBR600F2 Has 160 so 180 is fine 190 - dunno, 200+ insane)

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Best of luck. 60 days left so do work son! :knucks:

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Welcome in, just checking that you definitely are doing the build-off (deadline: 25th May 2014) rather than a regular build (deadline: ∞th of forever). Cool if you do, make sure you snap a pic of the bike with a newspaper for a proof of date and add it to your first post. Build-off Rules: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74801 Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome in, just checking that you definitely are doing the build-off (deadline: 25th May 2014) rather than a regular build (deadline: ∞th of forever). Cool if you do, make sure you snap a pic of the bike with a newspaper for a proof of date and add it to your first post. Build-off Rules: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74801 Good luck!
Ok I wasnt aware of that :). I will buy a newspaper tommorow , make a photo of the bike with it and also make a pic of the VFR Wheel I am recieving tommorow. Thank you for the info :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I added start date of this project today 31.03.2014 or in my language 31 март 2014. I will add prices for each item now. Hope that is following the rules. If it doesnt please merge both my topics :D

I am the one taking the pictures. The other guy doing "stuff" is my friend. Meet Ivan the Destroyer. Favorite tool - hammer.
Parting the bike out today:
Here she is stripped :)

VFR800 Swingarm + VFR800 Wheel

Stock Swingarm removed

And a lot-o-crap for sale :)

After drinking 1 beer and Ivan drinking 4 we finished the day - we couldn't fit the SSSA today as we need more measurments done so we can figure out how to center it with the wheel on. Tommorow my tripples arrive and I hope we make some progress on the back end. Feel free to spam :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well not much progress lately - need some more parts , need more money.

I ordered CBR600RR 2005-2006 Tail - from a guy in my country who makes them from fiberglass. Hope to recieve it this weekend. I am looking @ ebay for cheap seats - anyone who has done something with this tail can drop a line or two - I wanna know if I can buy 2007 2008 2009 2010 or 2011 seat unit ? - there are plenty and some rather cheap. I think it will fit with some minor mods - which should be fun :)

Also made a blueprint of the sprockets I need and I am waiting for a guy to call me back with price and time to make them. He makes sprockets for all sorts of bikes.

Will appreciate some feedback :) Current state of motorcycle

These are some projects we are working on :)

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
I have a 06 and bought an 11 seat
It didn't line up with my tank
I could slap some pics of how it sits on the tail for ya tomorrow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 06 and bought an 11 seat
It didn't line up with my tank
I could slap some pics of how it sits on the tail for ya tomorrow
Anything is fine with me - more pictures more info. Anyway I decided to order the 2011 seat and work with it.

Some parts arrived. New tail is in - a picture mock up for now. I have ordered a seat also and I am waiting for it to arrive so that we can cut the old one. Project will not be finished by 25th so if any admins want they can merge my two topics and move it to where its supposed to be :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts