Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
fighterer in training
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so im not really new anymore but I am still a noob so ill start this project here in the noob center. anyways I had a RM125 that has been sitting for a few years now, I just don't ride motocross anymore. so I saw a guy on craigslist with a fzr for sale and offered him a trade. both the bikes are worth roughly $1000 so it was a fairly even trade.

This bike is ugly! but I know how fzr's can look. The fzr runs nice and smooth, I just barely got it tho so I havnt gotten to take the fairing off and check it all out good and thorough.

Another reason I was pretty eager to pic this up as well, is because I have a XJ600 seca II as well, and if I decide to swap swingarms on the FZR, the XJ can then get a new swingarm too, so basically killing two birds with one stone on the swingarm swap and the front end swap! Speaking of front end swap, drjellyfingers is packaging me up a yzf front end as we speak, so that swap may not be too distant from now.

for sure future upgrades
NEW TAIL!!!!!!!!
remove front fairing, and pick a headlight.
front end swap with yzf
dirty bars
shorten can

possible future upgrades
new tank
swingarm swap with bandit1200 or who knows!
belly pan maybe
headers

here she is as is, except I took a spary can to her ass for now

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF FollieMaN311! Awesome intro & you put up a pic, so I repped you! ;) She's not ugly....she just needs a make-over & she'll be a BEAUTY! :D

·
Premium Member
50,679 Posts
Alright well can someone move me? Never been real good with rules lol. And thanks emom, she will be getting a make over and an ass lift haha.
And drjelly, I will need that help, I am fore-warning you haha
LOL Iull move ya mate good work and GL for yer project;)

·
fighterer in training
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i love it another fzr these things are great maybe itll give me some motivation to get mine finished
It's still not quite road ready but it runs good, basically I just need to fix my front brakes and figure out why the rear running lights NEVER turn off, even when the bike is off and the keys are out! Plus change the oil and then I'll DW!!!

·
fighterer in training
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what up CF, okay so ive been doing a little work just to make this thing look a little more respectable for now at least haha. if it looks good I have an old guru friend that said he will paint it for real and whatever scheme I want. but for now, flat black haha instead of flat grey ugly as fuck! anyways, here is the fzr as is. my front end has been shipped and im in the process of getting a polysport for the headlight.

·
fighterer in training
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
picture update*** still waiting on the front end, it should be here this Wednesday. but I don't think im going to immediately put it on anyways, it has a blown fork seal so id rather replace all that and then put the front end on later, especially since this one has no problems. along with the front end coming on Wednesday, drjelly also threw in a cbr600rr tail fairing in the box, so im going to see what I can do with it and maybe it may find a new home on my fizzer old ass!

anyways here is my girl with her new face, omg this bike is starting to go in a pretty decent direction now, post primer haha

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Yea dude, that shit was heavy. 77 pounds, trust me i was cursing u out carrying to into the ups

Jk :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
fighterer in training
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I threw on a gsxr fender that my buddy had laying around, I actually really like it right now. I think the yzf front end with its fender will probably look better. but for now I think the front looks bitchin. tell me what yall think

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Wow the fender compliments that headlight really nice!
I like it...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have Yzf tank for sale if your going to do a swap they look much better then fzr tank

·
fighterer in training
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow the fender compliments that headlight really nice!
I like it...
thanks! I think so too, it was actually kind of a bitch to mount, but now that it is on I really like it. It has me wondering what is going to happen when the yzf front end arrives lol.

I have Yzf tank for sale if your going to do a swap they look much better then fzr tank
I'm interested, I'll pm you! But I do have a question first about that. Do you have to get rid of the airbox to swap tanks? Because if so, I'm not really looking to get pods on this bike, they are a bitch to tune here, especially with 0% humidity half the time lol

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Do you have to get rid of the airbox to swap tanks? Because if so, I'm not really looking to get pods on this bike, they are a bitch to tune here, especially with 0% humidity half the time lol
I chopped my airbox up. It should still run well with stock jetting as long as you seal it up reasonably well.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.