Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just got a koso dash for my viffer 750, but dick head here got the Speedo cable conversion kit not the mag pick up kit.

I noticed while trying to wire it up the VFR doesn't have a Speedo drive cable but a speed sensor on the gear box. I imagine a few bike especially Hondas employ this system so am calling on those in the know. Can I get the dash to work with the standard speed sensor?

I'll have a closer look in the morning but I think there are three wires coming from the sensor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would say yes you can. The Koso allows you to enter details of the wheel size and number of pickups it uses to determine the speed. So with a bit of trial and error I reckon it will work. When fitting my Koso I used my Sat Nav speedo to tweak the Kosos to the correct speed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm using and acewell on my vfr 800, no problems with my V4. Using the magnetic pick up, though.

Not sure if you can just plug it into the stock sensor - i knew someone who tried it on a hornet 600 and the speed reading would jump all over the place.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys.

Tacho shouldn't be a prob as the VFR has individual coils. I believe this means you wire the rev pick up to one of the coils positive terminals and tune it as a 4 stroke single.

I'll give it a shot with the sensor and see how I get on. Can always just buy the mag pickup if it fails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts