Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

So i have a 97 900rr i hooked up the brand new koso db-01r withe the help of fellow members here and it dont work.

I believe i hooked it up correctly,

It lights up, all the indicator lights work etc, settings work, I set up the wheel circumference and 5 magnet points for speed sensor, 4 cylinder 2 pistons ( thats the correct way apparently ).

But neither speed or rmp wont display at all :((

Any ideas what can me the problem guys ???

Thanks a lot !!

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a fellow member told me to connect the rpm wire here :
Thanks a lot buddy!!

But regarding the question number 4:
I did some search threw the treads before and i found that one of the members answered on a similar question some like that :
"OEM neutral light switch is a switched earth. you should have +12V feed to the light then the earth from the light to the neutral switch."

English is my second language and i have to admit that that shit is confusing as f#$* :)
The speed sensor i installed just like the manual said, on the front wheel , 5 magnets in the rotor bolts etc

everything seams to be connected correctly :(

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a silly ? After you made all you settings did you go back to the home screen?sounds like it is wired right if it lights up and you can adjust the settings.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yes i went back to the home screen, after you finish setting up it goes to the home screen by it self. than i started my bike and it doesnt display speed or rpm. the settings are saved because when i go into settings all the info is there.

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
I gotcha. Jed has good point about the magnets. Koso recommends the "n" should be facing out. Also your tach wire from the koso gauge can be tied into your factory tach wire. It dosent have to go to the coil wires. Koso's instructions aslo recomend it. Hopefully we can help you get it sorted out. If those few things don't help then you may have to go back thourgh the wiring just to make sure you got all your connections where they should be.

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gotcha. Jed has good point about the magnets. Koso recommends the "n" should be facing out. Also your tach wire from the koso gauge can be tied into your factory tach wire. It dosent have to go to the coil wires. Koso's instructions aslo recomend it. Hopefully we can help you get it sorted out. If those few things don't help then you may have to go back thourgh the wiring just to make sure you got all your connections where they should be.

first of all thank for the help guys, ill make some pics of the bike soon, you'll guys will love it :) ( i hope :)

I didn know about the N side on the magnets, i just took one out and there is no signs on the magnets except the red line on one side , is that the N side ?? Also on some magnets the red line is already gone so any ideas how do i find the N side than :-/

Regarding the rpm , i run the wires threw the coil just like a member from here showed me , on that picture: he said either one of these so i connected it to the right one :

by saying that i can just wrap it around the oem tach wire do you mean yellow and green cable like on this diagram :
http://www.102983.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/93-94-wiring-diagram-900rr.jpg

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
all Koso magnets ive ever seen have an N on one side. you also may want to mess wit hteh speedosensor/magnet air gap. you may try the wire on the other side of the coil. should be set to 4 stroke 2 piston IIRC, because of the way the coil works.

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
first of all thank for the help guys, ill make some pics of the bike soon, you'll guys will love it :) ( i hope :)

I didn know about the N side on the magnets, i just took one out and there is no signs on the magnets except the red line on one side , is that the N side ?? Also on some magnets the red line is already gone so any ideas how do i find the N side than :-/

Regarding the rpm , i run the wires threw the coil just like a member from here showed me , on that picture: he said either one of these so i connected it to the right one :

by saying that i can just wrap it around the oem tach wire do you mean yellow and green cable like on this diagram :
http://www.102983.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/93-94-wiring-diagram-900rr.jpg
Sorry didn't mean wrap around it. I ment to tap in to it or connect them together some how. Yes I would say to try the yellow/green wire that went to the factory tach.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm going from memory here and a different Koso unit on a ZRX1200R, but I seem to recall the RPM wire has to be wound a few times around the coil wire. However I just took the ffed from the wire that went to the OE tach and it works just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts