Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
nmangano2412
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im setting up my koso. Im a little confused on the power connections, the manual makes it look like it goes straight to the battery but its way too short.

Can i connect the wires to the ignition key wires, would this work (is this what theyre tyring to say)
1. I would take the little red wire and connect it
2. Same with the little brown wire
3. Take the green (ground) and mount it to a little unused tab on the steering stem

What i am holding is coming right out of the ingition
I posted this in my build thread to

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Power wire has to go to the ignition wire. If it went straight to the battery the gauge would just always be on and kill your battery.

·
nmangano2412
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power wire has to go to the ignition wire. If it went straight to the battery the gauge would just always be on and kill your battery.
Ok, thats what i thought. Maybe i missed something in the manual cause i thought exactly what as you said. So in my pictures does that look like it would work?

·
nmangano2412
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wired my power wire to the live feed for my horn. That way it is only on when the ignition is on. I tried wiring it to the ignition originally but couldn't get it to work!!
Thanks thats good to know, ill just have to see how it goes. Im hoping that it works off the ignition since that seems to be the best set up for me.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
ignition should work fine. I personally wired mine to one of the old gauge wires when I wired my dbo1r. Honestly dont even know what it was for but I tested all the left over wires and used one that only had power when the ignition was on. Im assuming it was the wire that illuminated the stock tac but I dont know.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Ok, does it matter that the ground to my battery is on the engine, and this ground will be on the frame?
No, Its odd your battery is grounded to the engine, usually battery ground is on the frame then the frame is grounded via the engine mounts but it doesnt really matter. The whole bike is grounded so you should be able to ground to the bike or to the frame, either way.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
who knows, I have seen some cars like that or maybe whoever owned the bike before you did it. It doesnt make a difference, its just not the norm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts