Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd make a separate post about this gauge. I've installed a handful aftermarket digital gauges, and this one stands out.

This gauge was relatively simple to install, and the lights and features are really nice. All the lights are brighter than my DB02R. I have the accessory dash for the DB02R, and it was a bit of a pain to get that set up how I wanted it. The DB03R is very well integrated and simplified.

Highly recommended!

VIDEO

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
This would go nicely in the reviews section we don't have...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,352 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
no wonder I only just found this :doh:

TRhatsa real nice wee unit Sebs' but will it work on me old crapy vintage stuff ? I am prepared to try it fer sure .

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
even 6 pots ? Probly will tis just 3 coils ... where does tha tach feed from ?
Yes, works on 2 stroke, 4 stroke, play with settings till it works. Comes with 2 options, 1 can be wrapped around a plug wire or plug to pick up spark signal, I chose option B which splices between coil and + coil wire from spark box using spade connectors. Very easy.

I had to set for 1 pulse per Rev on the positive pulse, all in the manual.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,004 Posts
even 6 pots ? Probly will tis just 3 coils ... where does tha tach feed from ?
You don't have to tell the gauge how many cylinders you have, just how pulses per revolution.

As I'm sure you know, your CB will be a 2 ppr with its wasted spark setup.

I've never gotten an electronic tach to work. Just my $0.02. I know others have, but I've not seen it done reliably on a CB yet. Just a thought.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,955 Posts
You don't have to tell the gauge how many cylinders you have, just how pulses per revolution.

As I'm sure you know, your CB will be a 2 ppr with its wasted spark setup.

I've never gotten an electronic tach to work. Just my $0.02. I know others have, but I've not seen it done reliably on a CB yet. Just a thought.
Except for mine...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts