Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ass
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before getting to my question - just dropped a new ape mcc into my bike and its running great. Really appreciate all of your patience with my n00b questions!

onward -

Id like a smaller instrument cluster so i can bring up my headlight and mount a small windscreen. my bike desperately needs cosmetic work on its front end.
observe:

i am lusting after the koso RX-2N, just nervous about dropping that kinda $$$ only to find out that it will only be a glorified speedometer. Will i get my fuel idiot light? tach? [etc]

pic:
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBackend/imgRoot/specs/ba015b20.jpg

anyone have experience with this?

Ive been reading a bit about these clusters and it sounds like it will come with a speed sensor and a temp sensor. Will i have to rewire my current cluster interface to jive with theirs in order to get a read on the other inputs?

it looks like theirs has a plug interface on the back. whats that about?

Is there another gauge cluster I should consider? Is there a much smaller one that I can plug directly into my existing interface without re-wiring? I have got some rudimentary mechanical IQ, but I am a wiring moron.

on the horizon - new mirrors. fabricating a new subframe with a friend who has welding/bending prowess. I'll fab a new seatpan & seat once thats done. tail is going to be comically small. after that, maybe a belly pan and new paint, brake/clutch levels and other minutia.

·
being normal is to easy
779 Posts
i ordered a koso gauge and there customer service is kickass. try giving them a call and ask them all the questions you have......they are really good about this.

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
Looks the same as the one i got for the bandit, got the gauge mounted will be sorting the wiring for it in the next few days, going to wire up the rpm sensor to the cdi if i can, I have a veypor unit on the GSXR fighter and the rpm sensor wrapped around a ht leat and is not an ideal way to do this, so i'll try it with the cdi and see how that goes, it is a really nice looking unit tho and if it works out good i'll probally fit on the 1216 as well.
only complaint so far is the speed sensor pick up is fooking huge and will be hard to make look good on the forks, the veypor one is a lot more indescrete

·
118 Posts
looks like this particular gauge will do everything you want-low fuel indicator, oil temp, tach, and a bunch of other stuff as well. question is do you really need to know anything besides your speed!? i've got a small koso speedo on my v max, tells how fast i'm going and my mileage, trip and total. i think it was like $70.00. i've checked it against my gps and its dead nuts, so they're accurate at least.

later odieoh24

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
looks like this particular gauge will do everything you want-low fuel indicator, oil temp, tach, and a bunch of other stuff as well. question is do you really need to know anything besides your speed!? i've got a small koso speedo on my v max, tells how fast i'm going and my mileage, trip and total. i think it was like $70.00. i've checked it against my gps and its dead nuts, so they're accurate at least.

later odieoh24
Thats anice small unit and a good pryce!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Koso XR-SR in October and it didn't make it through the winter - 100% waterproof my a..! Not only did it stop working, it caused a short in my starter so I could even start my motorcycle until I pulled its plug. After I deinstalled it, I openend it up: there was easily half a teaspoon of water in there and the board had already started rotting in one corner. I'd be happy to share pictures if you want to see it for yourself!
Long story short: Koso sucks!!!! (My two cents ...)

·
being normal is to easy
779 Posts
hey bro i bought a koso DB-01R, it was $169 bucks. it seems to have everything except a temp gauge, but you can get what you need for it optional. i really like it, its small and really compact ( check the dimensions ). i bought it for the amount of options it had and also it wasnt round. check it out.
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBackend/imgRoot/inst/BA018B00.pdf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts