Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to pull my hair out. I think i have a faulty gauge (purchased from europe, brand new)

I cant get the unit to stay on

basically from what i can understand
black = ground
red = permanent power so goes to battery
brown = switched +12v

I connect the gauges, it starts up and does the whole boot sequence they do WITHOUT even having the ingnition ON
Turn ignition on, nothing happens. just the time is displayed in the bottom corner. No backlight no buttons work etc
its fucked isnt it? Anyone got one that can try just connect the red + black and see if it turns on and does the boot cycle ?

·
Fastman @teamlof.com
532 Posts
...use a voltmeter to identify the power; switched power and ground (-) etc. If I understand correct the power is not arriving at the unit correctly. Color is not always uniform throughout the years and manufacturers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh i did that

Dont worry im fucking retarded... Well sort of
Brown wire (with connector) is tach wire on the gauge, and brown with no connector *yet it looks fucking PINK* is actually the one i needed on the gauge. ugh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got the gauge working, hi beam/indicator/fuel low/neutral switch all working
only one is the oil light. seems that it is always on..
Not sure what the go is. will investigate tomorrow. Unless someone knows anything that can help
cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But on the stock gauge which is still connected it is not on
I am testing the light by trying to start the bike in 1st gear (so oil + fuel light illuminate when hitting start button)
It turns the light OFF on the koso gauge when doing that, and turns it ON on the stock gauge

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
Not sure how stock was intended to work. Sounds like stock shows you have enough oil pressure when the light is on( strange) the koso gauge works by shutting off the dumby light when pressure is high enough. I like the koso set up better. That way if you did lose pressure the light would pop on and get your attention.if it goes of when the pressure is high enough then I would assume it is working correctly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just found an article stating the following

Two other systems weren’t so easy. The FZ6 uses an oil-level warning light, not one that indicates lack of oil pressure. The Koso, however, is looking for an either/or signal, not a slight increase in resistance from one state (enough oil) to the other (low oil level), which is the way Yamaha does it. We tried putting a resistor in line to see if we could fool the Koso into interpreting the sender’s messages, but succeeded only in getting the oil light to turn off. Fail. Check the oil on your own, okay?

hmm... might just not connect it than..

edit
attached wiring diagram incase anyone is smart with this stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts