Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1998 R1 (which I cant fault at all)

How ever after leaving the lights on (Not used to being able to turn them off) the battery drained. Charged the battery then noticed the Koso Clocks when reconnected have to be set again.

I have no idea how these clocks work, the only thing I do know is the first reading I need to programme is the rear wheel circumference. I cant even seem to fine the recorded mileage.

Any help on how to programme all the settings in correctly and if they do display the mileage would be gratefully appreciated.
Daniel

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
Koso website has waalk through instructions on how to program the gauge that can be downloaded. Ask tire dealer what the tire circumference is for the tire you have. I emailed shinko for info on the tire shinkos I have and they were a big help

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you possibly send me the links to the walk through? I have browsed the web site & can only find instructions on how to install the clocks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Daniel. That's the same set of clocks I have for my current build. I'm also trying to get hold of user instructions as I can't find them on the UK site or the USA site. The UK seller has said he will send me the manual. I'm still waiting.

He did confirm to me that you cannot change the mileage on this model. I have a Koso RX-2n on my ZRX and you can change the mileage on those so you can enter the mileage of the clocks already fitted to the bike.

Dead easy to find the circumference of your tyre, just get a piece of string and wrap it around the outside of the tyre. Then measure it. Easy.

From memory you need to enter the number of sensors the speedo pick up sees. It might be worth having a look at the manual for the RX-2n as the set up for the speedo should be the same. Here's the manual: http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/instructions/BA015B15.pdf

This is what they have for the RX2, not quite as in depth, but read the bit at the bottom about the speedo pick ups: http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/instructions/BA010001.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Koso website has waalk through instructions on how to program the gauge that can be downloaded. Ask tire dealer what the tire circumference is for the tire you have. I emailed shinko for info on the tire shinkos I have and they were a big help

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I set mine and every time my bikes no ran for a day or 2 the clock goes back to 12:00 any idea how to stop this HELP

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
Uhhh i was looking for info on my rx1n today for my 929. Googled - Koso RX1n engine codes - and within two results was a pdf of the owners manual that told me how to program every fuckin thing on there....not the info I wanted, BUT sounds like that would suit you well to try?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sounds like the memory battery in your gauge is flat, if it has one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts