Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble wiring this speedo onto the srad 600, the instructions don't seem to be making it any easier at all.. no matter what I try, I cant get any power to it

this the instruction i got with it..

and these are the cables from the srad original clock

And the ones from the koso,

It says the red wire from the Koso should connect to the battery, I've tried connecting it to the red wire coming from the ignition to the battery but got nothing,,

Does anybody have any experience with these?? Im a noob at this so any help would be great,, cheers

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
I'm having trouble wiring this speedo onto the srad 600, the instructions don't seem to be making it any easier at all.. no matter what I try, I cant get any power to it

this the instruction i got with it..

and these are the cables from the srad original clock

And the ones from the koso,

It says the red wire from the Koso should connect to the battery, I've tried connecting it to the red wire coming from the ignition to the battery but got nothing,,

Does anybody have any experience with these?? Im a noob at this so any help would be great,, cheers

did you try testing the srad cable key on/engine off to see if you had a hot one? if not, you may actually have to run red to the battery.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried running the red straight to the battery and still got nothing, I have the black grounded to the frame. Is there no power wire going to the original clocks that I could just join onto?, I was hoping it'd be as simple as that when I ordered the speedo

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
740 Posts
A lot of gauges have a constant power (memory) wire, and a key-on power that actually powers up the gauge.

Looking at the picture the Koso red wire is constant power and the brown is key-on power. So both will need to see + power to activate the gauge.

The stock cluster most likely had a constant and key-on power, use a voltmeter to probe wires, or get a wiring schematic for your bike, you should be able to trace which is constant and which is keyed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts