Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the koso digital temp gauge for my hurricane 600

This is it:
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/koso/shop/egt-temps/super-slim-style-thermometer-4/

Im not totally sure on how to install it. Does it have to be for the water temperature or could i replace the thermo sensor and use this in place of the thermo sensor? and if so would it read properly (I have no gauge cluster whatsoever)

Also for the stock gauge cluster is the temp gauge displayed from the water temperature or the engine (oil) temperature

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I dont think it can replace any other sensor unless the fitting is identical or you have a way of deleting the other sensor while keeping it in place and making a new hole for this sensor. What do you mean by thermo sensor? Is it for oil temp?

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think it can replace any other sensor unless the fitting is identical or you have a way of deleting the other sensor while keeping it in place and making a new hole for this sensor. What do you mean by thermo sensor? Is it for oil temp?
The thermo sensor is right near my thermostat ill have to look it up in my manual when i get it back but seems to be for the coolant temperature

·
Registered
740 Posts
Stock temp gauge sensors are usually right before the thermostat. So just remove the stock sensor(should only have 1 wire), and replace it with the one included with the gauge. You will probably have to retap the hole, aftermarket sensors are almost always 1/8" NPT.

A sensor with 2 wires is usually the fan switch, leave this alone. It's often screwed into the radiator somewhere.

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It only has one wire going to it so i should be good. And would it be as simple as pulling out the thermo sensor and putting in the koso temp sensor? I would just have to make sure the threads match up and im good? Probably put some Teflon tape on it too to prevent leaks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yes that's all there is other than providing switched power to the gauge itself so it powers up with the key. You want to use teflon tape or I prefer the thread paste compound but either works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts