Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wiring up a Koso XR-SA guage to my Yamaha yzf600r. And I am having many troubles.
1) Accesory 2 and 3 have each have a blue wire that is not in the diagram. Does anyone know what this is.
2) the stock guage did not have a fuel indicator but just a fuel warning light. The koso has a fuel gauge. Are they compatable.
3) My bike has 2 wires going to the exisitng fuel indicator light. One goes to the ignition control unit. The other goes to the fuel level sensors. Koso unit only has one wire marked fuel. So what am I supposed to do?
4) My highbeam indicator light is not working. The kKoso guage only has 1 wire. The Bike has two. One is ground and the other goes to the highbeam switch. So what to I do there?
5) My speedometer is not operating. its just staying on zero. Ive got the magnets N facing the sensor bracket but the bracket seems to be a bit further thatn 8mm away from the magnet. I lost the other magents and I cant get this on out to put a washer behind the brake disc screw to get it closer. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance fighter community. I have the wiring diagram if anyone helping would like to see it for both the gauge and the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got a XR-SA also. Confusing imstructions to say the least. What's the middle light for? Anyone get this unit setup right? Neural light is just the cold from the original neutral? The price was right but if it work work I'll get a different unit.

Thanks CF

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey jv, im gunna email it to you when i get to my office computer tomorow in the am
thanks

·
Old, bold rider
179 Posts
I am wiring up a Koso XR-SA guage to my Yamaha yzf600r. And I am having many troubles.
1) Accesory 2 and 3 have each have a blue wire that is not in the diagram. Does anyone know what this is.
Haven't a clue. Try applying battery voltage to the wires through a 10K resistor and see what happens. I guarantee no smoke from the wires or gauge.
2) the stock guage did not have a fuel indicator but just a fuel warning light. The koso has a fuel gauge. Are they compatable.
The sensor is a thermistor type and not comaptible with the input necessary for the gauge to show actual fuel level. There is, however, an alternative I already have for the Koso RX1/2 N series that uses the thermistor and fools the gauge into thinking the tank is nearly full until such time as the level goes low enough to need your attention, whereupon the gauge drops just far enough to start flashing. A video of it in action:
It will be relatively easy to juggle passive component values for your gauge.
3) My bike has 2 wires going to the exisitng fuel indicator light. One goes to the ignition control unit. The other goes to the fuel level sensors. Koso unit only has one wire marked fuel. So what am I supposed to do?
Put the gauge unit and warning lights on a shelf.
4) My highbeam indicator light is not working. The Koso guage only has 1 wire. The Bike has two. One is ground and the other goes to the highbeam switch. So what to I do there?
Connect the high beam positive wire (I think it's Yellow to the bulbs or Yellow / White to the high beam relay) to the Koso high beam wire.
5) My speedometer is not operating. its just staying on zero. Ive got the magnets N facing the sensor bracket but the bracket seems to be a bit further thatn 8mm away from the magnet. I lost the other magents and I cant get this on out to put a washer behind the brake disc screw to get it closer. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance fighter community. I have the wiring diagram if anyone helping would like to see it for both the gauge and the bike.
It sounds like you'll need to get creative and find a way to remount the pickup closer to the magnet.

If you are interested in a low fuel adapter PM me and I'll let you know what information I need to make it work.

·
KILROY WAS HERE
1,835 Posts
sorry mate....I've been too damn busy...to look through. Try the above^^^see what you come up with. We can go from there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So the blue wires are addition to the ones that are there? are there 4 or 5 wires coming from the bundles?
maybe they sent you a different unit? with added functions?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I wired up my koso gauge first time no probs, i think what ya getting confuddled because i think you only need to pick up the live wires for the lights, the negatives wires you got for the bulbs are redundant because the koso gauge is running them all through one negative wire somewhere...

can ya email the the diagrams so i can get a better look and confirm this? [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got all the lights to work except the neutral so far. There is one blue wire that is unmarked so I'll try that one to the neutral + (because there is one for the neutral - already) I'll post my findings on that today.

In had to use both brackets for the speed sensor to get it close. I'm pretty sure it needs to be close to read the magnets correctly. I bolted them together and used some good ole JB Weld for my new bracket. It's drying from the flat black paint now. Pics and updates soon.

Bry

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wired up my koso gauge first time no probs, i think what ya getting confuddled because i think you only need to pick up the live wires for the lights, the negatives wires you got for the bulbs are redundant because the koso gauge is running them all through one negative wire somewhere...

can ya email the the diagrams so i can get a better look and confirm this? [email protected]
Zzzeke - did you use the neutral hot or negative? The instructions say the neg but it's not working. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts