Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm skeptical of such a powerful/highly stressed single cylinder engine and was wondering about the reliability of these things. Of course the sales guy said they're awesome and they've had no issues but we all know salesmen LIE!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated cheers

Attachments

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
I've got a 98 rxc400 and have no issues. Well something is goofy with the starter so it clunks when you turn it off but otherwise runs great. That's only common on the early lc4 motors though. Iirc eatabullet has problems with bolts vibrating loose. I don't have that problem with mine. CFer Ammadien has a 2010 Duke 690 iirc. Shoot him a message.

Edit:
You need to remember that the bikes eatabullet and I have are about 10 years older then the one you're looking at. A lot has changed in the last 10 years. Mostly for the better. Ammadiens seat is too hard imo. My seat has a lot more cushion.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
I love mine. Rips. I have the smc though. Same lump. No problems so far. Vibrates a lot if you're used to I4's.

Bad battery after two times leaving the key on. Tuning software is free with a 25 dollar cable.

Dunno about gearing for yours. But mine will only go about 115. Fun bike. Havent done the 6k maintenance. We will see how I feel after that.

Nate

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts