Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to have a good KZ1000 frame lying around that they want to part with? I need one in the 77-81 year range unless someone knows if a 82 frame will work. I know this is a long shot but I thought I would try to find one here before I turn to eBay as the ones one there must be made of gold. At least the box they are shipping them in is.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
I have a couple but they're mine. :p

1973-1980 900/1000 frames all share the same engine case design but '81+ change cases to a "J-model" design with different front mounting system. Just an FYI.

Later, Doug

Reactions: jmartin1110

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
Also, do you need a title, bill of sale, either/or?

I can keep a look out for you if you want.

Later, Doug

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id prefer a title if possible. I didn't know that about the year changes. I found a couple of frames on eBay for decent prices but some want more to ship it than what they are selling the frame for.

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll probably just have to jump on one of the eBay frames. Can't find one with a title though so that could be problematic

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
Get a BOS and go through the Vermont registration route.

I used to have quite a few stock parts but got rid of them. I'm sure it's no going to be a restore anyways. I do have some rearend parts leftover from my Gsxr that will swap in and let you run a 160/170 tire with minimal work.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
Looks like that might be a shaft drive police bike.

Police bikes were always chain driven. But that is a Kz1000P which uses the later style J-model engine (easy to tell by no kick starter).

Later, Doug

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only things around here are complete bikes. Which I don't need. Would the wire harness work on mine though?

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I have 2 spare ones here 75 900 and a 77 1000 but shippin kills ya :(

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks bud. I'm thinking about putting in a bid on that frame. That's the same guy I got the carbs from. Scored them for $60 when they are going for 300 plus in worse shape than these are in

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you sure I cant use an 82 frame?? They are so much cheaper. I am going to wait until I have the engine in my hands before I buy a frame just to check the numbers on it. It will have a J in the number if its a J model right??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts