Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been lurking and reading a lot and noticed not too many kawi ninja streetfighters. just wondering the reason why? is it just a, well, hate thing? are they difficult to work on or just plain ugly naked? i have an 04 636 that needs new fairings, but, have been considering taking this route to "make it mine", and a helluva more comfortable.

thoughts?

·
Registered
269 Posts
A lot of people like the frame design of the old 90's style GSXR's. I think the fact that GSXR's are so popular does drive the prices of parts a bit lower than Kawi parts. My Z1000 build is getting a GSXR front end, but that's mainly because I got a deal on it, plus I don't want the Z to look like a Z.

Build your bike, man. I've grown to hate fairings. The frame on my bike isn't beautiful, but I don't care. I may cut the ram air ports flush with the frame eventually IF I ever get any time.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I ride a Streetfightered kawi ninja (ok, ninja just in name, its a 650)...my frame is sexy as hell though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ive done 2 Kawi fighters, a 650r and now onto my z1000. Love the bastards. Even if parts may not be as readily available as for gixxers, we are customizers, right? Fabricate some shit and make it your own. In my experience the kawis are great to work on, and IMO look sooo much sexier nekkid;)

·
Angry Northerner
324 Posts
I've heard that once the fairings are off ZXR-7s the lack of RAM air makes them a bastard to get running properly. I've absolutely no idea if that's true though. It could be utter bolloxks for all I know. Sorry, that's not really much help is it?! :redface: :D

<EDIT> It's not bollocks after all.... Two VERY useful links here:

Float bowl modification

Carb tuning with RAM Air

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
so i've been lurking and reading a lot and noticed not too many kawi ninja streetfighters. just wondering the reason why? is it just a, well, hate thing? are they difficult to work on or just plain ugly naked? i have an 04 636 that needs new fairings, but, have been considering taking this route to "make it mine", and a helluva more comfortable.

thoughts?

:eek:.....WHAT!!!! Never heard of such a thing!! HATE Kawis?? NOOOOOOO!! :doh:

Welcome to CF mrjkwik! ;)

Reactions: ROBBO and shotgun

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts

thoughts?

fighter that awesom wee beast! No body hates tha KAWIS'and ugly aint ever gonna describe em!:robssmilie:
Do it now and never look back mate :knucks:

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
My love for Kawi has come up since being in this forum.

Do I dare say a Kawi 750 ninja was me first bike? Hee hee.

I then went to the Honda, really just for the under seat exhaust and I swore off Kawi (stupid). Also like the design overall (for a sport bike that is).

Since then and since doing more research, Ive come to find they are some of the better bikes in the business.

So there. I said it.

Long live Italian bikes!

Haha had to put that in there too.

All love, no hate.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: oldrider and ROBBO
1 - 15 of 15 Posts