Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting trip with my buddy and his M900. I get to our meeting spot at 7am and he is standing looking at his bike. Something was obviously wrong

View attachment 28034

Yep, he forgot to put the oil filler cap back on after over filling the bike. It pissed all over his leg, engine, tire, rear brake, and the ground. I rode back to his house to get the cap so he could ride home and change and clean up the bike.

We were finally on our way at 8:45 and got to the track at 12. GP race was at 2 but we missed practice. This was our parking zone. Tons of bikes.

View attachment 28035 View attachment 28036

Cool
View attachment 28037

·
30,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Your buddy with the m900 is not the best bike guy is he? Spills it in rocks on the iron butt then this oil incident lol.

Looks like you guys had a blast cool trip for sure

·
30,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never seen this swingarm before. Not a ducati item

View attachment 28047 View attachment 28048

So much traffic on the ride home. Can-Am tricycle trying to split lanes and blocking all other bikes from splitting.

My buddy got a front flat on the way home. We managed to limp it to a gas station and get one of those fix a flat cans to fix it.

It was s good time even if we weren't there very long.

·
30,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your buddy with the m900 is not the best bike guy is he? Spills it in rocks on the iron butt then this oil incident lol.

Looks like you guys had a blast cool trip for sure
You are correct. He doesn't know much about cars or motorcycles and I get stuck fixing it. He even said that if I wasn't there to always fix it then he wouldn't own a bike. It gets frustrating at times.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. Great pictures.

Reactions: ROBBO and MikeGyver

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
:thumbsup: cheers fer this thred Mikey awesom pics mate !

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
That 999 is awesome. Ducati should have originally designed the 999 somewhat similar to that bike.

Oh, and the pics are great. Sounds like one hell of a trip

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Nice!

Isn't the swingarm on that R1 from a 1098? Edit: with a 916 style carrier. Edit 2: Maybe not, doesn't have the ride height adjuster point. Unless it's deleted....

·
30,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think it is a Ducati piece. The carrier is 916 series for sure. It is hard to see in the picture i posted, but there is raised R1 lettering on the left side of the swingarm. When I zoom in on the picture saved on my phone it looks like there is a company name above that R1 lettering.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Never seen this swingarm before. Not a ducati item

I don't think it is a Ducati piece. The carrier is 916 series for sure. It is hard to see in the picture i posted, but there is raised R1 lettering on the left side of the swingarm. When I zoom in on the picture saved on my phone it looks like there is a company name above that R1 lettering.
Found it. Harris R1 Single Sided Swingarm:

Post 12: http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300471

Post 4: http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222272

I need to get a life. :D :nuts:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Those setups are fucking expensive as fuck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts