Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just a Squirrel
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i laid down my '05 636 on the highway at about 65. walked away cause i had my gear on. anyway i broke the stator cover(already ordered w/gasket), the frame slider is chewed up pretty good and little cosmetic stuff.... except for the swingarm spool. it snapped off. is there a way to reattach the little bung things on the bottom of a newer bikes swingarm. my roommate has a mig. any help on this would be great, thanks.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
fucking i-64 (it was 64, right?) glad ur good man. knifemaker87 is around our area, and he welds alluminum, im sure he can hook u up

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
ok so i laid down my '05 636 on the highway at about 65. walked away cause i had my gear on. anyway i broke the stator cover(already ordered w/gasket), the frame slider is chewed up pretty good and little cosmetic stuff.... except for the swingarm spool. it snapped off. is there a way to reattach the little bung things on the bottom of a newer bikes swingarm. my roommate has a mig. any help on this would be great, thanks.

Goodonya fer no injuries ! That shoud weld back jus fine witha wee bittiof prep work and carefull welding .

·
Registered
269 Posts
Glad to hear the gear worked. I never ride without it (though I don't do the 1peice leather suit, I feel I'm covered enough)

That is a great price I think I maybe buying 1 of those
Cycle gear also has cheap stands (trackside?). I've heard the bolt together ones get really wobbly. I have one of the one-peice trackside stands. They are ALWAYS on sale, and then I found a great sale at the beginning of the year... think it was like $30something + shipping. Regular "sale" price is $49. If you walk into a store, they are $89 unless you take a catalog in with you.

Although, I've heard a few times that a nice stand will more than pay for itself the first time you bike DOESN'T fall over. Around here, the pitbull stands hold their value REALLY well... a blessing and a curse.

·
Just a Squirrel
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i have a one piece trackside stand, it works great. i just want to get everything back togeather cause i already want to go riding... two bikes and niether of them is in a streetable state. but thanks for all the support from you guys. oh and DR. jelly yes it was on 64. i hate the highways around here too.

·
Registered
368 Posts
yea i have a one piece trackside stand, it works great. i just want to get everything back togeather cause i already want to go riding... two bikes and niether of them is in a streetable state. but thanks for all the support from you guys. oh and DR. jelly yes it was on 64. i hate the highways around here too.
Glad you're ok. Where exactly on I64? What happened?

Reactions: oldrider
1 - 15 of 15 Posts