Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new billet Brembo clutch master, and a lightly used forged Brembo brake master. Both radial units.

Both have new Brembo "urine sample cup" fluid reservoirs. Both have brand new clear hose and hose clips purchased from OPP Racing, which were marketed as specific for this application.

Both units leak fluid. Best I can tell after keeping an eye on them for 2 weeks now, is that the fluid is coming out between the hose and cup nipple, then leaking down the hose to the seal at the master.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, were you able to fix it? If yes, how?

Thanks

·
201 Posts
Sounds like the hose is not the good stuff, I bought the brembo specific stuff and it has not sweated at all. The ID may be a bit too large, I bought some clamps that pinch super tight because the stock ones fell a bit loose after putting on the new hose...they are for a bigger OD.

·
319 Posts
Well I'm local to OPP and if there is anything I can do to help you let me know.
Is there any way you can try to use a different hose clamp to see if that will help?
Are the reservoirs the big oem units or the smaller style Brembo reservoirs I'm wonderiing because I think they have different length on the nipples?Could there be a crack in the seam of the plastic?

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the offer.

Both units are aftermarket Brembo, not adapted OEM parts.

Hose and hose clamps are what OPP recommended for these.

Cups came from TygaUSA, Brembo cups with carbon covered caps.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
drain the brake fluid from the resi and tygon to the master. clean nips and tube with brake cleaner or something similar. rinse with water. dry. put a VERY light coating of rtv silicone on the outside of both nipples. black would probably be best. put the resi and tube back on and clamp down. wipe up all the extra and let it sit over night. its also not a bad idea to heat the tygon tubing up slightly after the clamp is on and then make sure its snug after you heat it. fill it back up and see what happens.

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a couple new cups from kurveygirl. Seeing these makes me realize I was sold a line of shit by TygaUSA when they said their carbon fiber capped reservoir cups were real Brembo parts.

The new ones have Brembo part numbers on the cup, diaghram, diaghram washer, and in the cap. Quality is visibly better when compared side by side.

I installed the new cups today, no leaks yet but I left a rag under them just in case and I'll check them tomorrow to be sure.

Moto, checked your page first but you only have the straight nipple in the 15ml size listed and I was pressed for time so I ordered from kurveygirl. Thanks again for your help, will keep you in mind for future needs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts