1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LED accent lights...
Yay / Nay / Maybe ?

What are your opinions?
I've always thought they were pretty stupid... ricer, punk kids, ghetto, or just dumb.

I just bought a bike that has them installed... tastefully IMO. I kinda like them... kinda think they are stupid.

Are they still dumb? What's the general concensus?

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
I have been both routes. It's kinda neat for show purposes but somewhat distracting while riding. I vote yes but wired in with neutral light circuit or on its own switch.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't taken pics of my own, but these are from the for sale ad....

Red LED under Red plastics...
Buell pegasus cutout in air box

Also has them lining the inside of the forward facing air scoops.

They are wired to an independent switch, so I can switch them on/off anytime.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I say do what you like, if it's your bike! Now is that a bike you're buying or have bought? My only concern, is not necessarily with the lights, but I'd be wary (if you're considering purchasing) of the wiring job. Just be vigilant and check it out, make sure there's not a rats nest under there!

·
I R smart.
562 Posts
I have green ones in the vents of my ninja and lighting up my Rad. they don't look bad as long as you don't go crazy with them. And have proved useful twice now when the bike had an issue at night and I didn't have any other light. in almost every state if they flash, they are illegal, and in California they are illegal in every color except green, and if you have them in green, the actual bulbs cannot be able to be seen from the outside or they are considered a distraction to other drivers. 98% of people on here are gonna give you shit for it, but its your bike and do what you like, that's what I did. I been putting lights on everything since I was was like 13 years old and didn't know what an LED, HID, or Neons where, back in the days when I was taking the 6 volt battery packs from my R/C cars and taping a Christmas light bulb to them and taping them to the spokes of my bicycle. And this goes way far beyond the fast and the furious or Biker Boyz, First time I saw underbody lights on a car in a movie was back in like 1991 in the movie "The Crow" there was a set of yellow ones under T-birds' T-bird. and have liked the idea ever since then. So there.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I have green ones in the vents of my ninja and lighting up my Rad. they don't look bad as long as you don't go crazy with them. And have proved useful twice now when the bike had an issue at night and I didn't have any other light. in almost every state if they flash, they are illegal, and in California they are illegal in every color except green, and if you have them in green, the actual bulbs cannot be able to be seen from the outside or they are considered a distraction to other drivers. 98% of people on here are gonna give you shit for it, but its your bike and do what you like, that's what I did. I been putting lights on everything since I was was like 13 years old and didn't know what an LED, HID, or Neons where, back in the days when I was taking the 6 volt battery packs from my R/C cars and taping a Christmas light bulb to them and taping them to the spokes of my bicycle. And this goes way far beyond the fast and the furious or Biker Boyz, First time I saw underbody lights on a car in a movie was back in like 1991 in the movie "The Crow" there was a set of yellow ones under T-birds' T-bird. and have liked the idea ever since then. So there.
Do you still put playing cards in the spokes of your wheels too?:LolLolLolLol:

·
I R smart.
562 Posts

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Need to get one of those for my daughter's barbie bike...

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
Fookin Ivan and his dam lights...lol

Just like every one else ...for the most part said
If you do the lights up nice they will look good...
If its your thing do it up
If its on something that you bought/are buying check the Hell out of the wiring
They can be useful like madman said
And makes ya a little bigger on the road at night

And always check the local laws
Don't need another reason to get harassed

1 - 20 of 28 Posts