Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've rebuilt the bike and now getting the indicators wired up, I've hit a problem. The bike is a Triumph TT600. I've torn it down and rebuilt but kept the rear end of the loom intact in the subframe throughout. Check out the last few pages of my build thread if you need to see.

Let me put this in some order... so from the start...

1 - Everything's connected up except for putting the front indicators on. I have resistors connected to the rear indicators.
2 - Switch the bike on. Switch on the left indicators. Front and back flashing too fast.
3 - Switch on the right indicators. Both light up constantly (no flash). High pitched buzzing sound coming from the flasher relay which is a bit worrying.
4 - Removed both resistors from the rear indicators.
5 - Removed the stock indicator relay. Replaced it with one rated for LED indicators.
6 - Tried to switch on the left indicators. Nothing.
7 - As above for the right indicators. Again, nothing.

Any ideas on this one? Electrics are like voodoo to me!

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
Just a possible maybe. ...... you may have to complete the circuit with all indicators installed. My cars will blink all crazy if ones burned out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
All four indicators might use common ground wires.
When I changed to LEDs on mr drz motard, I had a similar issue. If you disconnected the indicator globe in the dash, they worked ok.
I had the motard about 3 years ago, so that's as much detail as I can remember.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up getting a relay rated for LEDs and doing away with the resistors altogether and now it all works great.

The weird thing is why the OEM relay, the LED indicators and resistor setup failed after the rebuild where it all worked fine before the teardown. I can only guess, maybe something happened to the relay while it was all in storage over the winter months.

·
Registered
740 Posts
This is why I haven't bothered with LEDs. Too much hassle for no real benefit. Most of the ones I've seen are dimmer than a stock incandescent anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts