Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RyansToys
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needs signals and proper wiring.

Still waiting on my 2nd LED light to maybe make a low beam and a high beam.

PS: YES I am a SLOB!

Chinese LED Fake Rigid.

$69+ 20 Duty.
Apparently 36W & 3600 Lumen. It draws just 27 Watts, and I assume makes more like 2700 Lumens. This is roughly 3X a regular halogen headlight.

A second 6 LED single row flood unit arrived today.

Another picture of the Double row (12 LED) unit mounted.

Kawi Halogen Low Beam

Kawi Halogen High Beam

12 LED Mixed Beam

6 LED Flood Beam

Things to note here:
Kawi beams are very well aimed (obviously they are designed that way). The LED output is very intense, and is a great "white" light. The LED beam helps see a lot more contrast/detail in the viewing area. The pictures do not do this justice. The LED Mixed beam is much nicer aimed higher (you can just make out the central area is much brighter in the images)

LED vs. HID? Well LED is not well designed for the road, the optics would have to be individually blacked out to help "aim" the beam. In the same respect an HID retrofit will result in the same slightly offensive beam.

Is LED better than HID? No. LED is unique, good light output, but requires custom mounting on the bike. Wiring can simply get crimped spade terminals and plug into the stock harness. HID is better suited to someone who lacks the skill to design and build the mounts. They are typically as close to plug and play as you could get! You could likely make HID beam less offensive by putting a single light blocker in the HID projector if you have access to this. This is how the OEM Acura HID projector worked. The blocker was a piece of sheet metal. << very high tech!

Final thoughts;
I don't care about everyone else. I like the LED's and am going to run them for awhile.
Hope I inspired you to cut something!

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
I like em, gonna see if im gonna get some

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I really think led lights are the way to go. I'm going to change all the lights on the Road King to led's in the near future. Much better light and they draw way less power. Freeking expensive tho.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,696 Posts
Needs signals and proper wiring.

Still waiting on my 2nd LED light to maybe make a low beam and a high beam.

PS: YES I am a SLOB!

Chinese LED Fake Rigid.

$69+ 20 Duty.
Apparently 36W & 3600 Lumen. It draws just 27 Watts, and I assume makes more like 2700 Lumens. This is roughly 3X a regular halogen headlight.

A second 6 LED single row flood unit arrived today.

Another picture of the Double row (12 LED) unit mounted.

Kawi Halogen Low Beam

Kawi Halogen High Beam

12 LED Mixed Beam

6 LED Flood Beam

Things to note here:
Kawi beams are very well aimed (obviously they are designed that way). The LED output is very intense, and is a great "white" light. The LED beam helps see a lot more contrast/detail in the viewing area. The pictures do not do this justice. The LED Mixed beam is much nicer aimed higher (you can just make out the central area is much brighter in the images)

LED vs. HID? Well LED is not well designed for the road, the optics would have to be individually blacked out to help "aim" the beam. In the same respect an HID retrofit will result in the same slightly offensive beam.

Is LED better than HID? No. LED is unique, good light output, but requires custom mounting on the bike. Wiring can simply get crimped spade terminals and plug into the stock harness. HID is better suited to someone who lacks the skill to design and build the mounts. They are typically as close to plug and play as you could get! You could likely make HID beam less offensive by putting a single light blocker in the HID projector if you have access to this. This is how the OEM Acura HID projector worked. The blocker was a piece of sheet metal. << very high tech!

Final thoughts;
I don't care about everyone else. I like the LED's and am going to run them for awhile.
Hope I inspired you to cut something!

Do you have links to where you bought these?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't say I have researched the benefits of led vs hid but they are making some pretty sweet led lighting options now

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
The aim on that is useless, people coming towards you at night won't be able to see a damn thing. In UK that would never pass the annual inspection, and rightly so.

Very selfish, very stupid.

Reactions: ants

·
V-4 for 4 life
1,707 Posts
what might be better for actual aiming is some bat wing type optics (120 x 20 degree) for instance they make tons of different optics for Cree emitters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts