Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave this morning frame and subframe at the welder to finish the job.
He told me that I will get it back tomorrow but after a few hours he call me to come pick it up!
I have it in my garage but I didn't have the time to take pictures. The welds looking good! I will try to post some pictures tomorrow

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Good to see this in the Winter build section Leroy :). Nice work on the undertail I like tha curve cutout for the muffler nice attention to detail mate .Als o the paint looks real good in your pics there well done ,that's something I always mess up :( .

Happy nu year to you as well matey .

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Robbo! With cans the result would be beter with my hands. Haven't paint anything with spray gun before. The subframe is a mess but it isn't visible at the pics. When I get back to the bike I will show you. I just hope I can fix it with out to spray it again. But I have my doubts about that =D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope so. The bigger chalenge will be instaling the electrics.
There is no much space to hide the relays, rectifier, battery etc.
I could make a box to place all those staf between the engine and shock, but I have to instal the carbs and see with how much space I will end up.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Leroy.
I once had an 81 XT 500. Still have some parts left over, if you run into something you cannot find.
Parts (What I can think of right now)
1.) Complete front end & wheel
2.) Exhaust from Motor to end can.
3.) Stock air-box & battery tray.

I know shipping to Greece would be $$$ but if ya can find this stuff it's yours for price of shipping.

Beez.

·
BLACK BELT
7,036 Posts
I like your willingness to make small adjustments for optimizing the visual appeal.

Might look cool to hit the wheel weights with some matching black paint.

Coming together very nicely!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
always good stuff here Leroy! Wish I had your drive mate :) My project has halted dead in its tracks .

1 - 20 of 61 Posts