Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys wonder if you Yanks can help.

Im in New York until Monday this week Long Island until friday and Manhattan after.

I want to get a New York Small Motorcycle Licence plate made up for my bike back home in the UK

Are there any shops that can make them up and put my UK reg number on.

Thanks,

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Replica license plates are legal to own but not to display on the vehicle when on road. After all, it means nothing to own a plate; its the tag and the paper (or computer) record that mean something.

Plenty of online companies sell them, but my name is not Google.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course its not legal to use on the road, but i want one for myself and to use at shows etc. As im in New York now i thought id ask. As over in England you can get show plates made up while you wait. Thought there may be a chance to get one done the same way here.

I have tried google but the only results that return are genuine plates that you register here. Obviously i dont want to do that.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
This site is in like the top 3 results for "replica license plate". Maybe you results are different since you'd have a different location etc.

http://www.autoplates.com/_custom/embossed-license-plates/

MikeGyver said:
Not sure if you can get a real pressed one made. You may be able to find somewhere that puts decals on a blank plate. Not sure you can find it local though.
From the site:
The backgrounds are digitally printed on reflective sheeting and the center letters and numbers are embossed into the aluminum.

Sounds like a pretty damn close replica, but it is mail order. And they only do auto plates. Here's a place that does motorcycle plates.

http://www.cr8-one.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_74&products_id=176

I guess my name IS freaking Google.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have South Carolina that the guy I bought my r1 left on there and he is a douchbag so fuck him. I can send it my if you want it. It's not NY but it's a real Mercian license plate.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
In some states the plate stays with the vehicle when it's transferred. That's true of CA at least.

In the US, in general all license plates are government made. It was a traditional prison labor job, although I don't think they do it anymore.

It seems very strange to many Americans that you can just go to a parts store and get a plate custom made.

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts