Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Totallynew
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply put, how can I jack/lift/prop my bike up for a couple of days to take my forks off to get the seals replaced?

1. I do not have any beams to hang the frame from.

2. I need the bike to be supported for a couple of days. I'm taking the forks into a shop to get the seals replaced because I don't have the time or the tools with school, job and volunteer hours to do it myself. (And I don't trust myself quite yet)

3. Fuck taking the whole bike into the shop... With forks on it's $340. I know this is CF, and we all do things the DIY way... But working on forks are not my forte.

4. I have a rear and front stand. I do not have a front stand that supports by the lower triples. :(

5. I have a jack or two..

Thanks for any suggestions. Pictures are very helpful :)

·
Totallynew
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
6. I've heard of propping it up with a jack and a plank of wood under the headers.. Good/bad idea? I feel like they wouldn't be able to take that amount of stress.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I Usually Do It Like this, under the right side of the header, kick stand down, easy, works great, done it on multiple sport and cruiser bikes. Idk If I'd Trust It Like that for 2 days tho

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
If you have a garage or shop, hang it from the rafters. That's what I do.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
I've used jacks and axle stands before:

Now i've bought a front paddock stand and it's really useful for any front wheel stuff:

You do need a rear stand too though for stability!

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is how I did mine when I redid my forks.

Put the rear on a jack stand where the center stand use to be, the front, well, its supported by a cap block on top of a pot. Yeah, it was one of the missus good ones, or at least she said it was anyway :nuts:. It was plenty stable. Oh, I did throw a brick under the side stand to make sure the bike was more or less upright

1 - 12 of 12 Posts