Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever poked a jellyfish with a stick?
They curl up and go real introspective (boom thunder echo's etc.)
I wuz gonna write something tonight but now I've changed my tack to fuck you up....sorry and all but my thunder has been stolen by posts that overtake my main contention..It's no hang, so I'll tap a few lines in about a sweet illegal device that no-one will notice now because of that abstact header and the first few sentences of shit will make them glide by.

But for the rest of you, If you ride a modern E.F.I. machine I suggest (most honourably) that you tap in to your favorite search machine this phrase: Nikko G Pack T.R.E.

This miniature device will change your whole riding experience regarding fast fwd motion. A few things will become immediately noticeable when you go out on your first test ride. If you had it set up last time you put her on a dyno, the tick-over will be a tad faster than you like and your bike will have a tendency to stall when cold. this symptom diminishes as the mill gets right up best working temp. so she wont shit on you at the wrong time now and put you in trouble.

The reason it's illegal is this:

Exhaust Emission laws and a need to restict performance by legislation dictate that mass manufacturers install certain features that will stifle the performance of your engine.

They are for track use only.

Rather than step right up to the noose. I close this now with a waggy finger.

If you are a real fighterer you will brush this fact like a fly and get one.

If you are a God fearing nerd I think you must have stumbled on this by accident.

If you are some

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I don't have the Nikko one, but I have a TRE. It does make the power come on faster and the front end come up easier. :D

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i've made a few.

on a side note, if you have a bike with a gear position indicator, it'll always say you're in 5th (or 6th) gear. on some bikes, the nuetral light will always be on. i usually jus set the TRE up with an easy to reach toggle switch to be able to turn it on and off easily. the difference of having it vs. not having it is more noticable with higher hp bikes, but it works well on alot of em, even the smaller bikes.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
if anyone comes across an electrical schematic for one of those tre's that don't affect the nuetral light/ gear indicator, please pass it along. would be much appreciated.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
skr00zloose said:
if anyone comes across an electrical schematic for one of those tre's that don't affect the nuetral light/ gear indicator, please pass it along. would be much appreciated.
and you could hook a few feloow fighterers up :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
so how does a PCIII compare to something like this??

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
enrico vespa said:
I only have a 6 1/2 so it probably won't benefit me.
it sorta does, but i dunno if you'd even notice the difference. i put one on an sv a few months back, i couldn't tell any difference at all, other than the nuetral light always being on, which is a lil annoying.

The Green Lantern said:
and you could hook a few feloow fighterers up :D

not a problem!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
so how does a PCIII compare to something like this??
pciii's don't even have this function. the iiir's can adjust timing, but the factory cdi still retards it in the first few gears. basicall the tre makes the cdi think it's in high gear all the time so you're always running full ignition advance.

and for the record, this only works on suzuki's. i've seen "tre" type things for other brands, but they do absolutely nothing.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
BOO!

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
skr00zloose said:
and for the record, this only works on suzuki's. i've seen "tre" type things for other brands, but they do absolutely nothing.
that suck that suzsucky gets the kool toys...im gunna go cuddle with the 929 now

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I think the later gen Fi bikes take a bit more functions into account. Probably the reason you get the N lite on all the time. I made one for my TLR a few years back. $0.80 resistor made it a whole different bike, and not so much as a tick. Ran awsome and no unwanted effects. Loved it. But I belive they were like 8 bit ECU's. They went to either a 16 or 24 bit ECU when they relesed the new SV's. Not sure about the GSXR's. I think the '01 1000's started the 24bit ECU's. There's a lot more going on with them now. I rather leave that side to someone that knows what they're doing. They've come a long way from Yosh boxes and 15ohm resitors now.

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is more technobabble about it
http://home.satx.rr.com/eks/retard.htm

Hahaha love that page title...thats what my best freind calls me :D

Anyways they work with Kawa's too and the Nikko G pack is the top rated one available.

enrico: I have read favourable reports from other SV riders but as you will see on the page from the link posted here, there are a few moans about accelerated rear tyre wear....So nothing new there for us lot then Eh?

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Yeah, to be clear, the TRE removes the timing retard, that Suzuki put in there for the first three gears. In other words, there is one ignition curve that the CDI uses for for first three gears, and a better one, that it uses for the last three gears. Overall, it doesn't increase the bikes power at all..none, zilch, nada, BUT does make the power come on faster.

I actually just got off one of those digital gear indicators off Ebay for my bike a month or so back...plan on wiring it over the winter...I need to find out if TRE will affect it, which it sounds like it may.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
haelo said:
A TRE will effect it if you wire the GPS on the wrong side of the TRE.
see that's the thing..the DGI learns based on a tach pulse and a speedo pulse...doesn't do anything with gear indicator wiring...this is how I am going to wire it, based on other's threads, and Datatools website:

Digi------------------SV wires
Black --------------- black/white: ground
Red----------------- orange/green: power from horn
Yellow --------------brown/black: tach pulse
Green--------------- pink/white: speedo pulse
Brown----------------blue/black: Neutral pulse
Orange--------------- stays isolated, only used for programming gears

1 - 20 of 39 Posts